v

love like this ashton kutcher

"So, Selena, what brought you here this time?" Ashton asks from the head of the dinner table, looking at his sister-in-law who's sitting next to his daughter. Tara gives him a stern look across the table, shaking her head no profusely. She mouths 'no' to him several times, but Selena decides to answer his question.

"Well, my boyfriend-"

"Kids, why don't you go into your rooms?" Tara suggests to Ryder and Addy, grinning. Happy to not have to finish their dinner plates, which is something rare in their house, they speed out of the dining room and down the hallway. Tara turns her attention back to the conversation.

"Anyway. He left me...yesterday, actually. I'm sure Tara already told you I'll be staying here for a few days?" Selena says it as if it's a question, and Ashton looks at his wife. She failed to mention that little detail. She bites her lip in, hoping to distract him from that by being sexy or seducing him. Tara watches him sigh, leaning back in his chair a bit.

"Um, yes, she did. You can stay in the guest room, and I'm sure Tara will get you everything you need. I've got some work to do in the office." Ashton pushes away from the table, picking up his and the kids' dinner plates, bringing them into the kitchen, leaving the sisters there.

"There are extra blankets in the closet, the tv remote is in the top dresser drawer, and there's shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the bathroom down the hall. I'll leave out a towel and loofa on the counter for you if you wanna shower. Other than that, I just ask that you respect our house, and pick up after yourself."

"What is this, a hotel?" Selena jokes, chuckling, but Tara doesn't find it very amusing.

"Find me if you need anything." She squeezes her sister's shoulder before leaving the room in search of Ashton. Eventually, she finds him in the living room, watching tv. She plops on the couch next to him.

"Why didn't you tell me about Selena?" His voice is deep and demanding. Fear prickles on the back of Tara's neck, and she braces herself. Ashton puts his hand on her arm, rubbing it up and down, feeling her tension.

"Don't be afraid, honey, I'm not going to do anything. I'll do whatever I can to make you believe and trust me again. Just tell me why you didn't mention Selena."

"It all happened so fast. I came home, got the kids situated, got in the shower, and, all of a sudden, there she was. We talked, you came home, and I had to make dinner. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, I can tell that you're worrying a little about her being here...with what happened last time and all. I have no interest in your sister at all, I promise you. You're the only one for me, darling."

"Thank you....thank you for saying that." Tara whispers, and a wave of relief washed over her. It makes her want to cry with how sincere he sounded. She hurried herself into his arms, practically sitting on his lap now. Tara nuzzles her face into his neck, and for the first time in ages, she feels so in love with him, and she feels as though she wouldn't be able to breathe without him.

"What's this?" Ashton chuckles in her ear lowly.

"I love you, baby, so much. I'm sorry for all of the fights and all of the anger. And I'm excited for that trip to your parents'."

Tara pulls her face away so it's in front of his, and their lips collide in a kiss that makes her cry the slightest bit. She slides her tongue into his mouth, letting his hands roam her back before they land on her face, fingers behind her ears.

"Oh, aren't you guys the cutest." Selena squeals.