x

love like this ashton kutcher

They were fighting, and Tara did everything in her power to get him to quiet down, but nothing seemed to work.

"I don't want to take a fucking break, Tara!"

"I just...I don't think I'm your main priority anymore. Not the way I used to be."

"What do you want from me? I'm only human." He roared. They were going on an hour. She put her hands up in surrender before pushing hair behind her ears, and walking around the room, gathering her clothes in her suitcase. He only watched.

"What the hell are you doing?" He growled.

"I can't do this anymore, Ashton. I'm done." She couldn't bear to look at him, just shoved more clothes together before angrily zipping the suitcase. He forcefully grabbed her wrist, but before he could do anything else, she whipped around and dug her nails into his skin until he let go. Once he did, she made her way to the door, on her way to get the kids. Tara only opened the door a few inches before she got startled by it slamming.

"It'll be so much easier if you just let me do this." She whispered, looking straight ahead at his outstretched arm, and could see the crescent moons that her nails left on his wrist.

"Yeah? How are you gonna get home? I've got the keys, and you sure as hell aren't getting those."

"I have money. I'll figure something out."

"Not if I freeze your accounts."

"Why do you insist on torturing me? Trapping me into this little, twisted game that you call love?! Well I am sick of it, Ashton, you can't fucking control me anymore!" Finally, Tara screamed. And she screamed loud. As loud as her lungs and throat would allow her, and she didn't care who heard. When she caught her breath, she gripped his arm and ripped it from the door, shoving herself out of it.

"Kids, wake up. We're gonna go on a little trip." She tried coaxing Ryder and Adeline out of their deep sleeps, turning on the light in the bedroom. They only rolled over on the king bed that they were sharing.

"Just leave them. I won't do anything to your accounts. Do what you need to, and I'll talk to the kids and my parents in the morning. Have a safe trip, Tara." Ashton was standing behind her, the bedroom light flooding over him in the otherwise dark hallway. His hands were shoved in the pockets of his sweatpants, and he looked defeated. She took one last look at her sleeping children before meeting his eyes with his.

"Okay. Take care of them."

That was the last thing she said to him before she was on her way to the Dallas International Airport, ready to leave the first love of her life.