Chapter 2

Hazel woke early to collect fire wood for the cold winter coming up. She threw on an old coat that was patched at the elbows, and pulled on her leather boots.

The grass crunching under her boots was the only noise apart from the occasional singing of a bird waking up for the day.

She found a large dead tree that she got most of the wood from.

She was going back for more wood after she took the first load back to the house when she stopped by a pond for a drink.

Hazel looked into the clear water expecting to see her reflection, honey gold hair and bright emerald eyes..... Only it wasn't there!

She looked again, but still nothing, she put her hand over the water and touched it but still no reflection.

'Whats going on.' she wailed quietly so she didn't wake anyone. Half of her thought she was going blind or mad but the other half knew better.

She was invisible. Hazel could still see herself but she didn't think others would be able to, she decided to find out.

She trudged along the muddy roads and stopped by a man unloading his cart full of fruit.

Holding her breath she waved her hand in front of his face. He didn't even blink!

This is cool, hazel thought, until she realised that she didn't know how to become visible again.

But it was easy, all she did was wish to become visible and she became visible.

Lucky there's no one around, she thought, case they might think its strange for a girl just to appear out of thin air!

Hazel started heading home but she forgot the wood in the forest. After a while of looking for it she couldn't find it and started going home.

The soft clip clop of hooves was to be heard behind her.

Hazel turned to find herself face to face with a large pitch black horse.Well she thought it was a horse until she noticed a large horn of pure silver atop of his head, the horn looked as though it was sucking away the light making it the brightest thing she could see.

It was a unicorn.

The unicorn was easily the most gorgeous thing she had ever laid eyes on, it's hair such a shiny ebony it looked almost wet, and it's looking at its eyes she could tell that he was very smart.

Hazel stretched out her arm an inch away from his gleaming coat but he took off at a speed so fast it could have been lightning.

On the way home hazel was debating with herself wether what she just saw was real or not.