Chapter 17

"Hazel." Chris mouthed.

What was going on? Hazel thought.

"Um...hazel do you know why this dude keeps on saying your name?" Max asked.

"I have no idea."

"Care to explain?" Clancy commanded.

"Your power can be resisted, Clancy, but I shall answer anyway," Chris said with a weak smile. "Years ago there was a powerful magic user. He conquered many monsters and kept our world hidden from mortals. But one day he was told a prophecy. No one knows exactly what the prophecy said but it had something to do with the fate of his daughter, and it didn't say just good things. He just laughed at it. He didn't even have a daughter! But one day he left to go and destroy a monster that was murdering a town. He destroyed it easily but met a woman. They had a baby boy. Then later the prophesy came true he had a baby girl." He paused.

"What does this have to do with me?" Hazel asked but feared she knew the answer.

"The girls name was Hazel."

Hazel looked down, tears warning to spill over. Why hadn't her father ever told her that he was a magic user? She was then remembering the day he died.

Flashback:

Hazel was only seven and was playing at the tree with her father. He was smiling widely and pretending that she was a magical princess and he was the king. They played lots of games like this. Hazel looked much like her father, the same green eyes, the same shaped face with high cheek bones but he had brown hair instead of blond. Her father helped her climb up the tree and said that it was her castle. But then a loud shriek that came from the forest and sounded like her mothers but for some reason Hazel thought it wasn't her, she was in the kitchen cooking dinner.

Her father turned to her and told her that if anything happened to him that she must promise to keep the family safe. Hazel nodded but was confused, why was her father telling her this? He then left and ran into the forest. A few minutes later a blood curdling scream was heard. Hazel jumped out of the tree in an instant and ran into the forest. She found him easily. He lied on his back, a circle of crimson blood surrounded him, seeping from his heart. He looked her in the eye and said "remember the promise." Before coughing blood and lying still.

Hazel sat there in her own fathers blood, crying and screaming. Hours later her brother came and found her.

That was the day her father died.

"So, there's been a prophesy about me?" Hazel asked after a long silence.

Chris nodded.

Authors note: Hi guys! I'm just wandering if anyone likes this story, if you do please comment letting me know and hopefully I'll update soon!

Please comment, vote and share!

-Mia