Chapter 7

Please vote, comment and let me know if you are enjoying this story. Also check out my new story about dragons called the dragon tale. Thanks.

-Mia

"Shhh." Max whispered to Hazel. They were crouching in a clump of bushes watching a group of men wearing bronze armour. They worked for the king.

"So what's so bad about the king anyway?"Hazel whispered back.

"He's capturing magic users and torturing them to give there powers to him." Max stared at Hazel as if it were obvious. Hazel opened her mouth but no sound came out. She couldn't even imagine how terrible the tortures would be.

The soldiers were about 30 meters away now but of course max had to sneeze.

The one at the backs head turned in there direction. Max jumped up and attacked while Hazel followed the example. Max was slashing at them with his sword and Hazel was kicking and stabbing with a kitchen knife. They tried not to kill anyone just wound them. Hazel kicked one of them over and grabbed his long bronze sword, then knocked him out cold with the butt of it.

Even though a few were injured on the ground they were still out numbered. 10 to 2.

The unicorns were out somewhere in the forest resting because it was a very tiring journey so far, they were only about a day away from there destination.

Hazel looked over at Max who nodded and they both started using there powers. Hazel willed herself to become invisible and was going up to soldiers and wounding them. Over the last few days she had become great at fighting because Max was teaching her.

While Hazel was invisible max heated his sword and cut through the soldiers armour and slashed at them.

Now only one remained. Hazel wasn't invisible anymore. The mans helmet fell off revealing dirty blond hair, before they could see the rest of his face he turned his head sharply.

"Where were you heading? What were you doing?" Max questioned sharply wanting to get information.

"Um- I dunno." He said in a familiar voice.

He turned his head and Hazel looked into deep brown eyes, her brothers eyes.