Chapter 11

"OY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BARN?!" A yell woke Hazel from her dream. Max was already on his feet and Travis looked like he wanted to help but didn't know how. Hazel looked around for her sword but couldn't see it anywhere, Max didn't seem have his sword either.

Hazel looked at the owner of the barn, he was only about 30 years old with black hair and a cropped beard, wearing fraying clothes, holding there weapons.

"It's ok we mean no harm." Hazel started but was silenced by a look from Max, she glared at him telling him that she had it. "As I was saying, we are not here to hurt you, we were just travelling and were very tired and injured and needed a place to rest." She said in a soothing tone.

"How do I know yer not from the king to take away meh daughter?" The man realised that he had said to much.

"Why would they take your daughter?" Max asked.

"Nothing, it's nothing. I didn't mean to say say that. Please don't take her." He looked on the verge of tears. Hazel wondered why the king would want his daughter then she realised.

"Your daughters a magic user isn't she?" Hazel guessed.

"I have no idea what yer talking bout." He said sweat dripping down his face.

"She is, isn't she." Hazel knew the answer.

"Please, take me instead, don't take my beautiful girl." He pleaded.

"It's ok, we're magic users too." Hazel said. The man looked at them with his mouth open.

"Is there a way to keep her safe?" He asked.

"Yes, there's a safe place for magic users, only a days journey away." Max spoke up.

"Ok, come inside and we'll figure something out."