Chapter One: The Beginning

Not only am I dying inside, but I must be the color of a tomato on the outside.

Here he is, standing right in front of me. Asking me to what might be the most important question in high school history. To prom. Of course my immediate answer would have been yes, yes, yes! But I'm in such a shock, I'm just standing there like a fumbling idiot.

Answer, goddammit! you may not get another chance! I know that, stupid voice in my head.

I sneak a glance at him in front of me. He's wearing a baggy black Volcom shirt, with faded jeans, and purple and black Adidas. Apparently his colors are black and purple today. His messy bangs hang by his dark chocolate brown eyes. That he stares at the ground in front of me with. His hands are shoved so deep into his pockets, you wouldn't think he had any hands at all. And you can't tell by looking at him, but under his shirt, he has a really nice 6 pack.

He takes one of his hands out of his pocket and scratches the back of his head. Asking me; "Are you going to reject me?"

"What? No!" I answer almost too quickly. "I mean, I just need time to think."

"Of course," he says with a knowing smile, "take your time."

Oh, how that smile makes me melt. I would love to just say yes and kiss him, but not in front a ton of onlookers. Just by looking from the corner of my eye, I can tell they're all staring at us.

"I don't think I have much time," I whisper, "considering our, 'audience'."

He chuckled, "Yeah, I guess not."

Gathering all of the courage I can, I say the one thing that will change my fate forever.

"Y-y-yes." I stammer out quickly. God I must be blushing like an idiot. Quickly I untuck my hair in hopes to cover my flaming cheeks.

He smiles, the corners of his mouth basically stretch to his ears. Then suddenly he grabs my hand.

I popped my head up, surprised. Any girl would be surprised, even the most popular girls. Well, maybe not, but they would act like it. When I looked up, I stared right at his eyes. His dark swirling chocolate brown eyes. He lifted his other hand to tuck my hair behind my ear, stroking my cheek for a little while too. When he took his hand back, I could still feel the electric buzz on my cheek. The warmth from his hand is sending shocks up my arm.

He opens his mouth to say something, but then quickly closes it. He smirks, thinking of something humorous, I don't really know. Then he opens his mouth again...