(9)

So today! I have a small excerpt from a story I only wrote a single chapter to. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt 1 of Shattered Crown

"Where did I go wrong? What did I do to deserve a daughter like you?!" My father yelled as he sat on his throne, grief, and disappointment all over his face.

'How could he ask a question like that!?! After all he has done to me and this city?!' I think, as irritation slips into my veins, his question aggravating me. Nevertheless, I said nothing. I was already in a bad spot with chains digging into my wrists and two royal guards on either side of me, watching my every move.

Not to mention we did have an audience. Servants, butlers, cooks, maids, nobles, other royals, you name it. They had all come to see if the rumors were true. That if the kind, innocent, and cliche Princess of their fair kingdom had really been arrested for treason.

"Silence? That's all you offer me?" My father's eyes harden. With my focus still glued to the ground, I continued my silent protest of answering his pathetic questions. "So you admit that you were in the wrong then! Conspiring with the last remnants of our mortal enemies to bring me and this city down into the gutter! How could you?!?"

"NO!" For the first time since I was captured, I looked up at him, glaring with cold and distant eyes. I could see him falter under my stare, speechless at the look I was presenting him with. "You are the one who is wrong! I made an alliance with them to bring you down, not this city!"

At first, he was stunned and frozen into a daze. Understandable, not one soul has ever seen this side of me before. Then he let out a low chuckle. At this, the intensity of my glare increased.

That's all for now! I'll put the next part on the next chapter!

Have a nice day everyone!