My Boy

• Dedicated to My Boy

My Boy By R. Stars

        This is a story about a boy, my boy. His name is Nathanial, 16 years of age, and one of my very best and dear friends.

        Now, I haven’t actually MET Nathanial in person (don’t judge. He’s actually not a 60-year old creeper. He really is a teen).  I admin a couple of Facebook pages and I needed an extra admin for my Hunger Games fan page. He applied and got the job. Did well for while, but then he stopped posting as much. I would send reminders every now and then, but he kept posting less and less and less. Then it occurred to me that something might be seriously wrong, not just that he was “busy”.

        So somewhere along the road he finally let it out to me. He had family problems, not too many friends, school problems, and emotional issues (like most teenagers do, including myself) along with a few other things. But here’s the difference. He was suicidal. He wanted to end it all.

        What do I do? This kid is in the U.K. and I’m in the U.S. Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. What am I going to do? How do I talk someone out of something like this when I’m so freaking far away and have never met him in person? Think. Think! THINK!

        It’s been a minute since I got that message. I got something! He told me once that he had wanted to travel. Come to the U.S. and other countries. Maybe even meet me somewhere along the way… Yes! THAT’S IT! I cannot let this boy die. He has helped me with a few things, is sweet, funny, kind, caring, and a fanboy (which is a rare breed of the male race. AKA the best breed)! But above all, this boy has become … my boy. He’s become my best (internet) friend without me even knowing! No. I will not lose him. He has too much to live for. I will save him if it kills me.

        I told him how amazing I thought he was. What a great person he is and will become one day. How he couldn’t just LEAVE. He needed to travel the world! See new places, meet new people, and forget the ones that hurt him. Maybe we can even meet one day. He has too much to live for. My boy, my little Internet boy (who is actually older than me by a few months) couldn’t just leave. And as selfish as it may sound, he couldn’t leave me. Guilt. Yes. If he leaves, I feel like it will be my fault. But it’s not just that, I actually do need him. We may not talk all the time… but he gets me. I need him and sometimes… and I think he sometimes needs me too.

        A few months later, he no longer admins my page, had resigned before our big talk, which had lead to it. His house flooded. That seems to happen a lot in the U.K. He’s having more trouble with his shuck of a brother too.

        After another few months we messaged each other for the first time in a while. Get this. His dad got a job in the U.S. and now he lives up North. As I promised, if he lived, he would get to come to the U.S. Now, I didn’t think he’d end up LIVING here, but hey, I’ll take it.

        I still can’t see him since I live down South, but that’s okay. We will let Fate decide if we are ever to meet in person.

        Everything is okay for a while. He makes some friends and starts school. So far it’s okay. Then it gets bad again.

        His first friend that he made in the States was a girl named Elizabeth. A good friend for my boy from what he told me. Even sounded like good girlfriend material. He even started to like her like her, but then he met this boy named Dean and started to like him too. He became confused with his sexual identity.