Epilogue

I woke for the third time that day, nestled in between the limbs of Hyde and Wren. They were warm and I relished in their warmth against the cold of the winter morning. It felt nice being able to wake up without the weight of unfinished business in my mind, and now that Irene and Bay were gone, it was like I could finally breath again.

Fingertips wandered underneath the hem of my shirt, and with a chuckle, I turned to Wren, who was just beginning to rouse. "Good morning," he mumbled against my shoulder, to which he placed a kiss right after.

My soft smile soon grew when his kiss trailed up my neck and finally ended up at my lips, where he quickly pecked. His wrist brushed against the swell of my underwear, and with a smirk, his eyes rose to mine, "Looks like someone's already fired up."

An answering chuckle surfaced from behind me, signifying that Hyde had woken up as well. His hand swept past my waist to rest on my belly. "We just can't wear him out," he said through what sounded like a smile.

My heart pounded hard beneath my ribcage; the blood rushed against my eardrums. I could feel my entire face burn, all the way to my neck, and with a groan, I squeezed my eyes closed and hid beneath my hands.

I imagined Hyde rolling his eyes, "Yui."

"Don't say my name!"

I frowned even harder when I felt warm fingers brush along the side of my face, caressing gently. I didn't know if they belonged to Wren or Hyde, but the answer was clear enough after the weight in front of me got off the bed, light footsteps padding away.

"You gave me permission to, remember?" Hyde's voice came soft from behind me, "When we made love?"

My eyes practically flew open in mortification and I burned even more at the sight of his smiling face when I'd snuck a glance from over my shoulder. He was silently giggling, his expression uncharacteristically light and calm. I felt the stress-lines contorting my face soften, and in awe, I lifted my hand this time to caress his face.

"You look better like this..." I mumbled, "when you're not brooding."

Wren had finished with his rustling and returned to the bed. I noticed then, that he was completely naked and I immediately snapped my eyes up to his face. He was smiling knowingly, "Like what you see, hm?"

"I don't know!"

He didn't look convinced. By some need to find out for myself, I drifted my eyes to see if Hyde was at least clothed— and found that he wasn't. Having already reached the peak of embarrassment, I spun around and buried my face in the pillows in an attempt to reign in some semblance of sanity.

Soft lips pressed against the nape of my neck, "Why are you so embarrassed?"

"Shut up."

Hyde hummed as another weight pressed against the mattress in front of me and different lips kissed the back of my head, "It's cute."

I arched my neck to glower at Wren and managed to remain stoic-faced when he lowered his handsome face to mine. My gaze dropped to his lips before they rose back up to meet his eyes. He smiled.

He asked, "Can I?", an adorning sense of hope in his tone, and when I subtly nodded, he swooped down to capture my mouth with his.

Our kiss was sweet, and long awaited, so different compared to mine and Hyde's. Wren was very gentle and I appreciated that part of himself. Eventually, I wrapped my arms around his neck and allowed him to lead me deeper into desire until finally, we broke away from each other, slightly panting.

"Why did you stop?" Hyde questioned from his lounging spot beside us.

Wren actually blushed, "I don't want to just...stick it in without his consent."

A chuckle floated up my throat and I reached up to caress his face, "Make love to me, Wren?"

.

.

.

"That fucking hurt," I grumbled as I emerged from the bathroom after my second shower. Wren and Hyde were laying down on the bed, the latter looking quite pleased, while the former was currently sending an apologetic look my way.

"His is a little bit bigger than mine—"

I threw a hand up in embarrassment, stopping Hyde mid-sentence. He only raised an arched brow as he said, "There's no one else in the room but us. Plus, I was watching—"

"Hyde!" I hissed, "This is so embarrassing! Stop bringing it up already!"

Hyde rolled his eyes before pulling the bedsheets up to his chin and turning his back. Wren motioned for me to join them, and with a huff, I crawled in. Sleep sounded very appealing at the moment; throw in the opportunity to cuddle with Wren and Hyde— I couldn't resist at all.

Sometime later on, I woke to the obnoxious sound of knocking, and with an infuriated groan, I crawled out of the tangle of limbs to swing the door open. 

 Jess stood on the other side, her hip jutted out and her arms crossed over her chest, "Took you long enough!"

I cracked a smile and immediately pulled her in for a hug. She patted my shoulder, and with a snicker, I said, "Did you miss me?"

"Obviously. You've been holed up in here for the entire day! What the hell have you been doing, hibernating?!"

I refrained from snorting out a laugh. She probably couldn't see the bed from this angle, but telling by the impish look that surfaced on her face, she had guessed just exactly what I'd been doing.

"Where's Teejay?"

"Am I his babysitter?" She rolled her eyes, "He's probably prancing around the base's perimeter— I don't fucking know."

It was my turn to roll my eyes. Teejay's test to get into the Ranger Regiment was probably drawing close; he was more than likely training to prepare for it. The annoyed expression on Jess' face morphed into one of amusement, "I heard you gave Irene's gang a run for their money." 

The lively look in her eyes soon turned forlorn, however, and she mused, "They're gone for good, right?"

My fixed grin was long gone, "I left her for dead in their hideout...heard her die. Their base is nothing but a place for the zeds by now."

Jess slowly nodded, letting the news sink in for a good moment. I could visually see the relief flood her body and I settled her with a gentle hand on her shoulder. She shook her head and gave into the need to seek out a hug.

After a while, she finally withdrew, ducking her head as she did so in order to hide her puffy eyes. I cracked a smile, "It's okay to cry, Jess. I won't judge."

"Ugh," she wiped at her cheeks, "shut up, Fang."

I allowed her the privacy to gather herself, and once it felt that the time was right, I turned my attention back to her. She shoved her hands into her pockets and lifted a brow, "I'll see you around?"

I nodded with a grin. With a two-fingered salute, she was on her way down the hall, "Get Hyde's ass to HQ, he can't hide from command forever."

Once she disappeared around the corner, I padded back into the room and quickly got back underneath the sheets to cuddle with Wren and Hyde. I wanted to spend as much time as possible with the two loves of my life and if it meant sleeping the entire day away, I was content with that.

What lied behind us was now history. It was now time to focus on what lied ahead of us, and while there was no telling what would happen tomorrow, I knew that as long as Wren and Hyde were by my side, I'd be ready to take on anything. 

────────────

Thank you for sticking around and I hope you enjoyed reading! 

This marks the end of Fang, Hyde, and Wren's journey.