Friends?

Being able to swim and train at the state-of-the art Olympic Training center in Colorado with the U.S. Swimming resident team was Emily's dream. Living that dream, on the other hand, was a lot harder than she thought. Waking up 6am to start her day with drills, practicing and conditioning and constant work outs, the brunette was exhausted. Emily's newly busy schedule constantly has her missing her friends, family and fiancé and a certain blonde that she tries so hard not to think about. I mean she is engaged so she shouldn't be thinking about said blonde, should she?

Tonight's workout was brutal, and all the brunette wanted to do was shower and call it a night. As Emily made it to her room, she heard her phone go off immediately thinking it was a text from her fiancé saying good night. Emily put the phone aside before reading the text to get comfortable for bed before responding back to her love. Finally settling into bed, the brunette opens her phone to see a text from an unfamiliar number and her hearts drops as she begins to read. It's Alison.

Before the brunette could think, her fingers began to react like they had a mind of their own and responded to the blonde. Before she knew it, the send button was hit, and the message was released into the universe. Emily was now no longer tired and hit with a tidal wave of emotions. Yet again, if fate had anything to do with it, before she even had time to think on these emotions her phone goes off again but this time it is the blonde calling.

"Hello Alison," Emily said shyly. "Hello Emily," Alison responded back in the same tone. After their greetings, the pair sat in an uncomfortable silence until the blonde got the courage to break it and speak up.

"So, Aria told me that you got engaged before you left for training. Like I said in the text, I am happy for you Em," the blonde explains trying to assure Emily that she meant what she said.

"Why now, the brunette questions. Why are you just now telling me this? You haven't contacted me since you called me that one night over a month ago," Emily declares with frustration.

The pair end up in another uncomfortable silence as Alison lets out a deep sigh. "I deserved every bit anger from you I know," Alison explains knowingly. "And I have no excuse other than I am a coward. But I can't lose my best friend Emmy. I can't lose you," the blonde desperately expresses to the girl she loves on the other end of the line.

Emily was taken back by Alison suddenly admitting she cares for the brunette. In all honesty this is what she wanted to hear. To know the blonde cared for her. The blonde using Emily's nickname, that only is used by both Alison and Emily's father, exploded a family of butterflies in her stomach. Conflicted with feelings and not knowing how to respond exactly, the only thing the brunette knew was that she didn't want to lose the blonde either.

"You could never get rid of me Als," Emily responded in attempts to calm both her nerves and the blondes. They both release a bit of a chuckle that seems to have broken the ice between the pair. Every ounce of tiredness the brunette felt before the phone call was suddenly gone and the phone call between the two lasted for the next 3 hours.

They caught each other up on life. Emily talking about her training for the Olympics and her engagement to Alexia in which Alison tried her hardest to sound excited for her friend. Even though she was breaking inside listening to the person she loves talk about loving someone else. The irony of it all being that she is also engaged and pregnant. Something she seemingly left out of their "catching up" conversation.

Looking over at the clock Emily knew she had to wake in a few hours for training and did not want to disappoint her coach or team because of lack of sleep, she decided to finally call it a night.

"I really missed talking to you Als," Emily said in a soft tone. "I really missed talking to you too, Emmy," Alison replies back in the same tone.

"Would I be pushing it by asking can I call you tomorrow? I know you will probably be busy with training and such or may have to talk to your girlfriend, I mean your fiancée, I just thought maybe," Alison began to babble on until she is interrupted by the brunette.

"Of course, we can talk tomorrow, Emily responds with a slight chuckle. "Good night Als."

"Good night Emmy." .......

The next few days, Alison was in the best of moods. She felt she did back in high school after one of her and Emily's weekends hanging out just the two of them. Alison didn't want to over do it by calling the brunette every day. I mean let's not forget they are both engaged to other people. They haven't talked on the phone since the first contact, but they have been texting each other through out the day and night.

The blonde missed Emily more than she realized because she found herself thinking and wanting to talk to her all day.

Flashback----

I got you something, the brunette says rushes into Alison's bedroom excitedly. Laughing at Emily's sudden excitement, Alison can't help but admire the beauty of the girl that just came rushing through her door.

And what is this something, Alison responds playfully putting the emphases on something. "This, the brunette responds with a huge smile showing her deep dimples. It was picture of the two of them that was taken at a party all the girls went to. Emily had the picture blown up and framed and presented it as a gift for the blonde's birthday.

"Wow, we really do look good together," Alison says finding it hard not to smile. Emily joins the blonde on the bed and Alison turns and meets those chocolate brown eyes that do nothing but make her melt at the sight. Looking back at the picture and then back into those eyes she loves, Alison finds herself coming undone.

"I love it Emmy, the blonde whispers softly as she leans over to kiss the brunette on the cheek, Alison's lips linger on Emily's cheek and which caused Emily to melt underneath her.

Taking notice, the blonde places feather like kisses from the brunette's cheek to her soft plump lips. Their kisses begin to deepen and the blonde lays Emily down and straddles her. Removing her lips from the brunette's lips and places them on the brunette's neck sucking and licking on her love spot. Emily lets out a whimper that instantly turns the blonde on.

Alison took charge and slide her hands under Emily's shirt smoothly unhooking her bra. Emily scoots herself up enough to assist Alison with removing her shirt that was in the pairs way. Exposing the tan beauty's perky breast, she looks into the blonde's eyes with love and whispers, "I love you Alison."

This completely freaked out the blonde. Even though they have said I love you before, there was more emotion behind Emily's words. Emotions that the blonde was not equipped to handle, let alone deal with at that time

"We better stop, my parents will be home any minute now," Alison uttered as she removed her body from on top of the half-naked girl. Emily looked at Alison with hurt in her eyes, got dressed, gathered her belongs and speed out the door.

Alison began beating herself up for hurting and allowing the brunette to leave when all she wanted was for her to stay. She could not understand why she continued to push Emily away and why was she so afraid to let the brunette in. The blonde laid on the bed, crawled into a ball and cried.

End of flashback

Snapping out of her thoughts and looking down and her huge belly, a tear drops from the ocean blue eyes of the blonde, "What am I going to do," she whispers to herself. I can't marry him."

******* SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES. ********