Chapter 2 - Partners

"Dazai-San! How was that exam you did? I heard your class did one today!" Atsushi yelled, rushing down the hallway towards Dazai, who was dragging himself around the school.
"Atsushi-Kun?" Dazai mumbled turning his head to see the younger student. "Exam? Oh! Yeah I did great!"
Dazai smiled. It was the smile that he forced his lips to form, it had become instinct to use it when talking to people.
Atsushi caught up to Dazai, panting heavily.
"Is there something you need Atsushi-Kun?" Dazai asked politely, cocking his head slightly at the shorter figure.
"There is a new transfer student in your class right? Kunikida-San told me!" Atsushi exclaimed, adding "Can we meet them? See if they want to be-" Atsushi was cut off by distant yelling.
"DAZAI!" Dazai flinched, it was Kunikida. "I TOLD YOU NOT TO BULLY THE TRANSFER!"
Kunikida stormed towards Dazai, his temples twitching along with his eyebrows. Eyes glazed with flames of rage. He slammed his diary of Ideals against Dazais head.
"OWWW!"Dazai yelled, exaggerating the pain by dancing around on the spot. "Kunikida-Kuuuun! That hurt!"
"Good. Idiot, Chuuya is the new student. Be. More. Polite." Kunikida sighed, Chuuya looked out from behind him, smirking.
"Oh! Chibi you followed Kunikida-Kun!" Dazai mumbled, pointing at Chuuya, a glint of amusement in his innocence eyes.
Chuuya glared, "Don't call me that, shitty Dazai!"
"Oh-ho ho ho! Chibi knows how to swear! Scary!~" Dazai chuckled at the ginger, Chuuya jumped at him and punched him to the floor.
"Don't fight you two!" Kunikida mumbled, not paying attention to the fight. "Atsushi-San, meet Nakahara Chuuya. He's the new transfer student in my class."
"H-Hi Chuuya-Kun! I'm Nakajima Atsushi! N-Nice to meet you!" Atsushi stuttered.
Chuuya looked up at the younger student. He had knee-high black pants that strapped over a white blouse and black neck tie. His belt looked long and seemed to resemble a tail. His light grey hair and purple-yellow eyes caught Chuuyas' attention the most.
"Atsushi?" Chuya mumbled, "Thank you, nice to meet you too." Chuuya turned his attention to Dazai, the small ginger was sat on top of his back, keeping his arms pinned behind his back.
"Chuuya-Kun," Chuuya looked at Kunikida, "Do you have a partner for the assignment due in three days?" The blonde was reading his most recent entry in his diary of ideals. Giving a quick glance to the ginger he noticed he hadn't, a look of shock and nervousness etched on the shorter figures face.
"Dazai, Chuuya-Kun. You two are working together." Claimed Kunikida, turning and walking away.
"WHAT!?" Both the students yelled. Like hell they would work together!
Atsushi edges away, making a brief escape out of the predicament. The two males sat on the floor in confusion. Now what?

"Oi! Chibi!" Dazai yelled. School had finally ended and the students where free to leave or stay for clubs.
"Shitty Dazai, I told you not to call me that!" Chuuya swiftly turned to punch the male, only to watch him dodge.
The brunette smiled, happy with the perplexed look lining the shorter figured face.
"We need to work on that project together, Chiiiibi!~" Chuuya scowled. The last thing he wanted was this moron coming to his place every night for three days in a row.
"No." Chuuya growled, turning and walking away.
"Aww! But Chi-"
"DON'T. CALL. ME. THAT!" Chuuya yelled, punching Dazai hard. Not realizing his own strength, the ginger had sent the brunette flying a few feet.
Chuuya huffed. That's what the idiot deserved! Right? Chuuya stared at the motionless body. They where still close to the school, so why had no one screamed yet?
Chuuya looked around. People where walking about. It wasn't until two random SDH students walked by did he notice why.
"Is that Osamu Dazai?" One asked the other.
"Yeah, that suicidal freak! He asked me to Shinjū once! I denied and he made a big deal of it!" Their friend replied.
"Well it's no surprise he's on the floor then! Committed suicide and finally succeeded!" They both began laughing. Chuuya didn't know why, but that angered him. Dazai wasn't dead. He was acting... right?
"Oi! Shitty Dazai. Up!" Chuuya scoffed. Waited for a response, but didn't get one.
"Dazai?" Chuuya mumbled, getting closer. He stood above the brunette, who was knocked out, "shit..."

Chuuya growled. He had dragged his least favorite person back to his house.. well apartment. He dumped the body on the floor and went to his kitchen to make a coffee.
Chuuya lived with his parents still... kinda. His parents always travelled and where hardly ever at home. They still payed rent and all that, he just never saw them. He liked it that way.
A low mumble came from the lounge. Chuuya walked into that room to see Dazai fidgeting around, clearly uncomfortable.
"Tsk. You don't deserve comfort, bastard." Chuuya went back to his coffee.
"Chuuyaaa~" Chuuya flinched. "That's no way to treat guests~" it was Dazai whispering into his ear. Chuuya growled.
"Get off, bastard." He shoved the taller male off, pushing him to the floor. He looked like his body went limp, he lay with his arms and legs spread apart. Sleeping.
"Freak..." Chuuya mumbled. Finishing his coffee and drinking it. "I'm going to kick you out if you don't get up in 5..." no movement.
"...4..."
Still motionless.
"...3..."
Nothing.
"...2..."
Is there even a pulse?
"...1... That's it!" Chuuya yelled, kicking Dazai. "You can stay on the floor!" With that, Chuuya got ready for bed, finding it uncomfortable at first but getting use to it. Shitty Dazai...