Cafe Break With Your Home Boy

[UNEDITED]

Part 2 of "Drawing Whatever is Aesthetically Pleasing"

You yawned as you stretch out your tired muscles.

Winter came to an end, and the sun has been out and about stunningly while also burning your eyes out. It was beautiful, of course, but couldn't mother nature tone down the damn brightness?

You rub your eyes tiredly, then placed your hand on the table in front of you. Beside you was Sumo, sitting patiently by your side with his head on your lap. On the opposite side of the table sat Connor, staring out the window to his left.

You had nearly forgotten that today was a free day. A day with no crimes or mysteries to solve at all, and how did you spend it? At a cafe with your two favourite boys.

Yesterday had been quite the event. You had just finished a case of a murder, chasing down the suspect along with Connor who had ran faster than you've ever seen and caught them. It never failed to amaze you how much Connor can do, even though it makes sense since he is an android.

Android... you never liked that word. Especially since deviants had overcome and demanded equal rights to humans, 'androids' seems like an insult. Something in you makes you tick in anger when people use the term in an offensive way. To you, it was the equivalent to saying any other rude term to someone.

Your brows furrowed at the thought, lifting your cup of coffee to your lips. The reason why you had been at the cafe was to hang out more with Connor. It may or may not be unbelievably obvious, but you had quite the crush on him.

In this new world with androids being equals, there had still been some discriminatory against that idea. Although for you, you just did not give a care at all. You only cared if, in some way or perhaps in a different dimension, that Connor had liked you too.

It's probably just some fairy tale you wish to be true, but it couldn't hurt to try.

You let out a sigh after gulping bittersweet coffee, then laid your eyes on the brunette boy. Or man? Connor seemed more like an innocent boy whenever he is not working on a case. You noticed how his eyes would tilt dangerously, then after the work is done, those puppy eyes come back again.

It made you laugh everytime, but this time you felt a smile peak your lips as you subconsciously stared at him. It may only just be a model, but CyberLife did a damn good job at it. You liked - no - loved everything about him. From his freckles and voice, to his innocence and confusion of the world.

You wanted to devote yourself to protect him, but little did you know that he had been the first to already do that for you.

"Are you alright?" Connor spoke, snapping you back to reality, "You seem out of it. Do you wish to go home?"

"Oh, no, I'm fine," you shake your head, "I had just been thinking."

He tilts his head, in the same way that makes your heart want to implode, "May I ask what you were thinking about?"

"Uhh... well," you coughed, leaning your elbows on the table. At this point there is probably no mistaking that your face is probably as red as a tomato.

Technically, you could just say how you feel right now, but in this setting? Is it worth possibly crying in a public cafe?

Probably not.

"I was thinking about what you thought about me when drawing you," you lied, slapping yourself mentally for saying that. It took you all this time to nearly forget that incident, but you really did wish to know what he thought about it.

Loving art as a hobby, you didn't care much about anyone's opinion, but his opinion... It would mean the world to you, as cheesy as that sounds.

"Oh," his head tilted once more, gazing off somewhere as if in thought, "I felt... warm? I'm not sure what the emotion is, but according to my research, my symptoms show cases of joy."

You snort at his answer, "Is that so? How come?"

"I could only piece together that perhaps when you drew me, I felt special. I felt... important," Connor answered softly, gazing into your eyes this time.

"O-Oh," is all that escaped your mouth as you blinked numerously. Since when did a mere sketch make such a powerful emotion such as that?

This boy... he will be the end of you.

"Are you alright? My scannings detect your heart rate to escalate drastically, and your blood pressure to have increased," Connor leaned forward in worry, "Shall I call the ambulance?"

"No, no! This is just... I mean, I'll be fine," you coughed, shifting in your seat which caused Sumo to lift his head, but rested his head again after you've done moving. Thankfully Sumo was there to calm your nerves.

"If it makes you feel better, may I show you something?" Connor proposed, causing you to tilt your head.

"Of course, show me anything!" you smiled brightly, leaning forward in interest.

From the pocket of a regular jacket, he handed you a small book. You took it, gazing the cover in wonder. It had been a small book, the size of a hand, and it was entirely black. You got rid of the elastic locket that ceased the book from opening on accident, and pulled.

You nearly choked.

Each page you turned were small or large, extremely hyper realistic and gorgeous drawings of one person. You had counted each drawing, totalling up to 58 pictures.

They were all of you.

And in your mind you thought you had looked better in pencil than from a mirror or your phone.

You looked up at Connor with a smile, seeing a pang of anxiousness in his eyes, "You drew me, too?"

"I felt that it would be fair. Drawing me took effort from you, and because it made me feel good, I thought perhaps I can do the same for you," he said quietly, his shoulders visibly tense.

"Oh..." you said, biting your bottom lip to prevent any tears come out of your eyes. The panic stream over his face revealed quickly which nearly made you snort in laughter.

Sumo, too, had lifted his head towards you.

"Connor, you're too sweet!" you cried, hiccuping in laughter at his panicked expression, "I don't deserve you at all!"

"And I don't deserve you," Connor grinned, leaning back down in reassurance that you were happy.