Slow Dancer, Fast Learner

Requested by luna67891 (thank you!)

[UNEDITED]

Dancing had always caught your interest when you were small, but becoming a cop just like your old man Hank, you knew that was what you truly wanted to be. Such a strange gap in interests, isn't it?

You, a strong cop with excellent combat skills and talented with guns, was also a gentle spirit who loved to dance, especially slow dance with your father. The best part is that Hank hates dancing, but he'd only dance with you. Though if you ever told the precinct that he dances, you might not be able to see the next day.

Hah, as if he would ever hurt you. He's someone who looks like his could kill you, but is actually a cinnamon roll.

Anyway, today was your day off while Hank was off somewhere on his own. You stayed at home and did what you loved; dancing. But, there was a small problem. You weren't alone, besides Sumo. Connor had come to visit as requested by your father, saying that Connor was here to watch over you in case of emergency. But you knew it was just Hank being over protective.

Connor had only sat on the couch mindlessly as you just danced to your hearts content. Your music interest was a wide spectrum, so you danced to literally anything. You noticed Sumo looking at you, his tail wagging happily as you smiled at him while he received pats from Connor, who you looked at. He was looking at you, his LED glowing yellow and looks mesmerized. Was he interested in dancing?

Or maybe... in someone?

You left that to your imagination.

As a song ended and a new one started up, it was much slower and calm which brought an idea to you. You walked over to Connor and brought your hands out.

"Is something wrong?" He asked innocently.

"Yep! I need a dance partner, so could you fill that spot for me?" You smiled brightly, anticipating for his hands to grab yours.

You were quite fond of Connor. Working with him had always been fun to you, especially whenever he was close to finding the culprit. It was like watching a movie until you see him act so cutely at the precinct.

He looked at you, then to your hands, "I do not know how to dance."

"I'll teach you! Just take my hand," you smiled warmly. Connor had looked a little hesitant when he finally took your hands and stood up.

"Now, place one hand on my waist and the other in my hand, got it?" you smiled as he slowly followed your words, looking to see if he had done it right. Then he looks at you, puzzled.

"And then?"

"And then you sort of just sway," you explained as you started moving along to so slow beat that begun playing. You noticed how stiff Connor was, but the more you moved with him, the more he eased. He seemed to relaxed that you even noticed a small smile on his face.

"Hah, are you sure you never danced? You sway so well," you said, partially joking since swaying isn't as hard as it seems. You two were just moving your hips, really, but you loved it anyway.

"Thank you," he suddenly said, looking straight at you. Serious mode activated?

"For what?"

"For... letting me be with you, and teaching me a lot of things such as this," his soft words made you smile in return.

You then took a small step forward and let go of him for a moment do you could wrap your arms around his neck. He seemed startled as he was not familiar with this sort of dance, but later realized that you had kept the same rhythm; swaying your hips to the beat.

Gently, he also put his arms around you by the waist, holding you close.

Sometimes being this close with you would make his systems go haywire. You were just so beautiful in his eyes, and everything you did made him feel funny. Hell, even when you read so quietly, your eyes intrigued in a certain fanfiction, he found peace.

He never understood the feeling yet, but if it feels as pleasant and calm as this, just holding you close in his arms and listening to nothing but their breathes.

Just you and him.