(33) EMERY WINSON

I sashayed back to the counter, balancing both trays on my hands, a big smile on my face as the drunken crowd shrieked happily when the latest band came up the stage to perform.

"Four beers and a Martini!" I yelled at Simeon who smiled before turning to whoever was inside.

"Four beers and a Martini coming up!"

I set my tray in the counter and leaned closer to Simeon who was busy watching me with hawk eyes.

"How you manage to move l about in this crowdy place with that big gown of yours is still a mystery mistress," he commented as he mixed beers together for a customer.

I snorted, waving him away with a hand.

"Who am I?" I asked, pride laced in my eyes and he chuckled.

"Yes yes...Supergirl, I know. Though your father would not think that when he realises that you ran away with his business money to set up a bar in the busiest street of Rome mistress."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Killjoy... If my father does find me, I trust you to explain things to him?"

His eyes went wide with fear, his mouth agape.

"W-what? You wouldn't dare mistress! He'll take my head without as much as a second thought!"

"Oh I would, if you explain nicely, I'm sure he'll allow you a day or two... Before he takes off your head I'm sure." I wiggled my eyebrows at his horrified looking face.

I loved to joke around with him, it was the only thing that still kept me sane.

In truth,  I'd run away with my Father's money to come here because I was looking for him, I was still looking for him even after three years that I regained my memory.

I couldn't tell Simeon that, but something told me he knew already.

I'd lived a life almost hundred years ago and I'd come back to finally finish what we started in that life but, what if he wasn't in this life??

What if Gillian never reincarnated?

I sighed as I turned to carry my now full tray to our customers.

I had a fiancé at home, Leonard.

Yes you would call me stupid, he killed me before and I forgive him so soon??

Well, it was too late, I was already dating him before I got back my memory and that was one of the main reasons I ran away.

The idiot even went ahead and slept with the chief's daughter, what excuse could he give??

He didn't try giving any, just told me we were meant for each other, how was that supposed to clear the fact that he cheated on me? So, I did what I could do best.

I ran away.

I was a coward but, blame me for running to save myself.

I would never return. Never.

"Here ya go hotties!" I cooed as I dropped the contents of my tray on their table.

"Aye! Emery's is the best place ever, what ya say bout that?  A beautiful place, beautiful face though she aunt allow anybody in her room at night yet," one of the regular drunkards said and they all burst into laughter while I shook my head and turned to the other table, collecting their order.

On the table sat two men and a woman.

"What would you lovely people like to have?" I asked, putting on a sweet smile.