RECKONING

ELEANOR MAY    HENDERSON

ELEANOR    MAY    HENDERSON

ELEANOR HENDERSON

The tears clung to her eyes, her face moved and a smile greeted her mother. It was a poor smile, weak and fragile like the young brunette, herself. In the far distance where the shouts of shells as they landed on her city and crushed everything beneath them. Her mother's hands cupped her soft cheeks, her thumbs naturally wiping away the tears that had escaped.

"Eleanor, please."

The brunette nodded, trying her hardest not to cry, that wouldn't help her mother. "I know," she nodded, gulping before giving another weak smile. "I understand, mother, it's okay."

Mrs. Henderson pressed her forehead against her daughters, for a second the pair seemed to disappear from the outside chatter and noise,they were in their own little bubble, and nothing else mattered.

The loud and abrupt train arrived at the station earlier than expected. "Attention, would all parents ensure that their children have the appropriate identification papers."

Mrs. Henderson lightly pushed the necessary papers into her daughters chest.

"You warm enough?" Mrs. Pevensie asked, a worried look spread across her face. "Now honey, you have to keep this on you. Be sure and keep this on."

"If dad were here, the war would be over, and we wouldn't have to go." A medium sized boy snapped, he looked as though he was the middle child. Appearing to have two older siblings, one brother, one sister, he also seemed to have a youngest beside him.

"If dad wasn't fighting and the war was over, we wouldn't have to go." The eldest clapped back, his tone seemed irritated and aggravated.

"You will listen to your brother, won't you Edmund?" Their mother practically pleaded. "Look after the others," she said wearily, she hugged the eldest tightly.

His eyes squeezed shut, as if to hide his watery eyes. "I will, mum."

"You be good now Susan," Their mother kissed her eldest female on the cheek, and sent her a reassuring smile. "There, now off you go."

"Be good, my darling." Mrs. Henderson smiled, she kissed her daughters forehead and took a step back. "Trust yourself, always remember to trust yourself. And be safe— my dear. I'll see you soon."

Eleanor fed into her mothers lies, she smiled a final time before boarding the train.

( authors note. )
i'm so excited for this!! recently been in a super big narnia mood and this is exactly what i needed, i hope you all enjoy this book! it should be the first of three! <3

update!
hello again!! i came back from my new account midsomars to change the face liam to elle fanning!!