Secrets Revealed

"Alien invasion or teen angst?" Quill said as she opens the door to me. I stand there for a moment awkwardly.

"Teen angst is a pejorative phrase." She opens the door wider to let me inside.

"He's upstairs." She said boredly, as soon as I walk in she closes for door and leaves me. I make my way upstairs, pausing for a moment before knocking lightly on the door and peaking my head inside.

Charlie stands up as he sees my walk in. "What's wrong?" Charlie asked that horrid frown on his face again. I walk in a little further into the room and close the door behind me.

"They've thrown me out." I look helplessly as a tear slips from my eye. I've been hiding so much, I just want it to stop. Charlie comes up to me and holds me in his arms. We stay like this for afew moments. "Charlie, I'm sorry...I...I didn't mean to run off,I just...I dont know. I'm sorry for turning up here... I'm just sorry." I cry into his hair and he holds me close. 

"Hey, it's OK, really don't worry." He leads me to his bed and lets my lie down. The sheets and smooth, like silk and the pillows soft. Once I'm lying down he sits behind me and lays his hand loosely over my chest, his other hand playing with my hair. I feels nice to be close to him, even if I still feel guilty from earlier. "Hey so what happened?" He whispers gently into my ear.

"Was argument. One we had many times. About boys. Then became about you. It was almost okay I liked boys. But my father? If I don't have a boyfriend, he doesn't have to think about it. But you, you exist. You are real person." Whilst I say all for this I don't take my eyes off a spot on the wall. I can't look at his face in pain, It hurts me to think it's like that because of me. Just another reason to feel guilty. 

He lifts my chin and moves me to look at him, his eyes so full of sorrow. My eyes begin to water and he pulls me close to him again, my face now resting on his neck. We lie like this for awhile, me crying into his neck and him just holding me. Not once did he try to  make me talk about anything, he just held my close. In this moment I feel so loved, I felt safe.

I hadn't realised how unsafe I had felt the last few days until this moment. I felt the tension slip away, in this moment I didn't have to think about farther. In this moment I could be free.

Somehow we had ended up with Charlie lying down and me lying on his chest, even now he still played with my hair. My hand falling loosely over his muscular chest.

"You can stay here as long as you need." Charlie had broken the silence with this offer.  

  "What if that's forever?"  

"Then it's forever." I look up at him, my alien prince.

"You know, these weeks with you, I know you were different, but, now that I know why, it doesn't matter, because you are still you with all your strangeness." He smiles at me.

"Same here." I smile back at him. 

"Charlie, I would like to say something, but I don't want you to think it's because of this situation." I prop myself up on my arm and look him in the eye. I need to tell him how I feel. He's done so much for me, even after all I'd done is push him away.

"Okay."

"Do not laugh at me."

"Is it funny?"

"No."

"Because sometimes I miss the human sense of humour. I mean, you've seen that show Take Me Out." He's started rambling it's now or never.

"I love you. Do you have love where you come from?" Charlies face looked shocked for a minute, I almost stand up when he flips my over and kisses my passionately. I kiss back for a moment when a thought hits me.