Chapter Four

Luna Finley's P.O.V

"So wait, you pushed your Grandpa into a bush?" I asked while laughing.

"It was a total accident! I didn't even see him in the first place." Noah explained while laughing right along with me.

"How do you not see your Grandfather standing next to a bush?"

"I don't know! I just wasn't watching where I was walking I guess." He replied and we both laughed even harder.

"I haven't laughed this hard in the longest time." I said honestly.

"Me neither. Do you want to get out of here and do something?" Noah asked.

I nodded and walked out of my room. I got off my bed and changed into different clothes. I quickly brushed through my hair and grabbed my phone before leaving my bedroom.

"Ready?" Noah asked.

"Ready." I replied and nodded.

We began to descend the stairs. Every step we took, the music got louder and louder. We made it downstairs and I could feel the music pounding in my chest. There were a lot of people just dancing and mingling with each other. I felt a tug on my arm and saw that Noah was motioning to my front door. I followed him outside.

"That was intense." I said.

"Yeah, I know." Noah replied. We started walking towards an old, blue Chevy truck. He unlocked it from the driver side and I got in. It smelled like Noah slightly. He had a cross handing on the rearview mirror.

"I like your truck a lot." I said breaking the silence.

"Me too. It was my Grandpa's." He said and started the truck.

"The one you pushed into a bush?" I asked playfully.

He shook his head slightly and smiled. "You never going to let that go, are you?"

"Nope."

"I knew you were going to say that, and yes this was his truck."

"So where are we going?" I asked and rolled down my window so I could feel the warm breeze.

"You'll see." He replied mysteriously.

I looked out the open window and put my hand out and felt the wind.

***

"Luna, wake up." I heard Noah's voice say. I opened my eyes and repositioned my body.

"Where are we?" I asked and looked out the window.

"Just get out of the truck." Noah said playfully.

I open the truck door, and I noticed it squeaked when it was opened. I stepped onto the sand. We were at the beach.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as I followed him to the back of his truck. "You aren't going to murder me, are you?"

He shook his head. "No." He said then turned around and smiled creepily. "Not yet anyways."

We both started laughing for the hundredth time tonight.

"We are here because I noticed that you like stars, so I thought why not go star-gazing."

I smiled. "You didn't have to that for me."

"It's okay. I don't mind one bit." He replied and returned a smile.

"I have a blanket in the truck. We can lay on that." Noah said and I nodded.

He got the blanket and laid it out on the bed of his truck. We laid down side by side and watched the stars above us.