Chapter Seven

Luna Finley's P.O.V.

"What are you smiling about?" Nova asked and gave me a weird look as she walked into my room.

"Can I not smile?" I asked and set my book on my bed. "For the millionth time, you can't just walk into my room without knocking."

"Whatever."

"Do you need something?" I queried.

"Actually yes. I need a ride and I don't want to ask Mom." She replied.

"Where are you going? It's 9:30 at night"

"Stephen is taking me to a party." She mumbled.

"Wait, I thought he broke up with you?"

"We had a fall out."

"Nova, you're thirteen." I reminded her.

"And you're seventeen who has barely even talked to the male gender." She fired back.

Ouch. "Maybe I won't give you a ride."

"Oh come on, Luna. I was kidding! Can you not take a joke?"

"Who's party is this? Is alcohol going to be there?"

"Okay, Mom." Nova said and sat down on my desk chair. "It's Keith Easton's party and no there isn't going to be alcohol there."

"Isn't Keith Easton a freshmen?" I asked.

"Yeah, so?"

"You're three years younger than him and possibly most the people going to this party. Does this not concern you?"

"Nope." She stated. "So are you going to drive me or not? I can just ask Astro if you aren't going to."

"Nova, I don't want you to go to this party." I said.

"Do you not trust me or something?"

"It's not that I don't trust you. I just don't trust the people at the party."

"Luna, I'll be okay. Not a lot of people are going to this, just a couple of friends."

"I'll drive you this once, okay?"

She instantly smiled and jumped up to give me a hug. "Thank you! We need to leave now or I'm going to miss everything."

"Whatever. Go get Mom's keys, I need to get changed." I said and pushed her out of my room.

I can't believe I'm doing this. The sad thing about this whole situation is my sister has more of a social life than I will ever have.

...

"It's this house." Nova says.

I park next the the curb and turn off the car. As Nova checks herself in the small mirror on the visor, I look at the house. All I can say is this is not a small gathering.

"Nova, this is not a small party." I say calmly.

"Well yeah, how else was I supposed to get you to give me a ride?" She replies and opens the car door.

"Seriously?"

"I'll be fine! I won't drink anything people give me."

"Fine. I'll pick you up at 1:00, okay?"

"Cool. I'll see you then." She says and gets out of the car.

"Don't do anything stupid, Nova." I called after her.

"I know, Luna." She replied and rolled her eyes.

"Call me if you need me, yeah?"

"Yeah."