Chapter Three

Song: Kids with Guns by Gorillaz

Marie

"This is bullshit." I heard Hoseok whisper under his breath and we walked to the school gym.

"These guys don't care about Jungkook. The school is just scared about their 'image'. I swear, this school is run by a bunch of grown-up Socs." I added to Hoseok's comment.

We walked into the gym, filled with students chatting to their friends. A pool of gossip and speculation about Jungkook. I noticed Yoongi sitting by himself in the back bleachers. As we joined in with Yoongi, the principal started speaking.

"I'm sure you've heard of the unfortunate news that one of your peers has passed away." He paused to readjust his note cards and looked up at us. "He was a great student that loved his studies."

"This is so fake." I whispered, "They don't know shit about Jungkook! They're basically making it up."

"Exactly, when was Jungkook ever good at school?" Hoseok stated.

As the principle went on, I glanced at Yoongi beside me. He was staring at the ground with his pocket knife in hand. His blonde hair was ruffed up and his knuckles were flaring red. Yoongi looked up to see me staring at him.

"...What?" He rasped in a violent tone. As he turned his head to face me, his eyes were bloodshot red with bags underneath them.

"Yoongi are you-" I was interrupted by a high pitched sound coming from the microphone.

After getting the mic adjusted, the principal continued. "He was a valued student and a loyal friend. He will be missed everyday."

Yoongi scoffed under his breath, "We shouldn't even have come here, this is ridiculous."

"Oh!" The principal spoke. "Also don't make sure you don't forget the pop tab project to raise funds for the school, thanks to Min-Seok Kim for sponsoring us with his soda company, SD!"

"That's the last straw, we're leaving." I proclaimed, getting up from my seat. Both Yoongi and Hoseok looked up at me as if they were thinking the exact same thing.

Rose

"He was a valued student and loyal friend. He will be missed everyday." The principal announced.

"This is so fake." I said quietly to Jimin.

"Yeah, but no one really knew him, it would kill the school's rep if they didn't make some big deal about it. Did you know he shot himself?" Jimin whispered back.

"What? I figured he just overdosed or something and the police covered it up as a suicide." I guessed.

"Nope. It was really gross. Slit his wrists and wrote stuff in his own blood before doing it out at the train tracks."

"What did he write?"

"I'm not sure. My dad didn't tell me all of the details. Apparently he's not allowed to talk about new cases." Jimin shrugged.

Taehyung suddenly stood up and grabbed his bags. He walked out of the gym without saying a word. I looked over to Jin to see what he would say about it.

"What's his problem?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I answered.

"Whatever." Jin shrugged and crossed his legs.

I decided to see what was wrong with him, it wasn't like him to leave without an explanation or excuse. "I'll be right back." I told Jimin and went after Taehyung.