Coffee and Panic!

Sure enough, the weekend - Saturday - rolled around quite quickly. Time seemed sped up and warped to me, nowadays. It's like life moved a lot faster than it was meant to. Or maybe I was changing? Who knows. All I know is that it felt like I was going three hundred miles per hour down a steep hill with the clutch pushed in and there was no stopping me. I bet everyone knew that feeling.

I checked the time as I covered my body with a button up flannel and pulled on my beanie. My arm was covered by bracelets this time, making me seem slightly less suspicious to those who had no clue of my activities from a few nights ago - it's not like anyone was suspicious already, but it's best to lay low in times like these. My gauges slightly stuck out from under my beanie. My black Vans were the perfect set off to the red flannel and black skinny jeans (that, like my others, I had the knees ripped out of).

I checked the mirror. I looked fine. I checked my phone. 6:30 pm. I decided to go ahead and get going.

"Alright, mom, I'm leaving." I told her, giving the smaller woman a hug.

She was dressed up and had a suitcase at the ready. Her hair was straightened to perfection. There was the faint smell of perfume on her collar and she was wearing a little makeup. Was she and dad going on a night out too?

"Are you really about to leave?" She asked me.

"The rink opens at seven. I want to get here before it's covered with people. I can freely skate without all those people." I told her nonchalantly, but inside, I was eager to get going.

"Okay. Remember, your father is taking me on a business trip. We'll be gone when you get home and we'll be back in about a week." She said, standing on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek, "Have fun and be safe!"

I smiled at her and nodded, "No problem, Ma." I told her.

I bid her goodbye and made my way out to my car, keys clutched tight to me as the wind swept over me. Hot coffee would definitely be in order for the chilling night ahead. I hopped into my car and turned on the heat. Autumn nights are still cold, I don't care who you are.

Halfway there, I stop at a little cafe. It's not Starbucks but it's coffee. I go into the quaint little cafe, a bell chiming overhead. The aroma of coffee and pastries hitting my nostrils and making me crave the bitter liquid even more (now I was almost certain I'd waste a few bucks on one of the sweets they displayed in the glass counters) so I eagerly stepped forward.

"Hello, and welcome to Coffee Counter, what can I get-"

The cashier turned around and I was face to face with Matt.

"Nate!" He exclaimed. His face heated up and he tried to hide the notepad from me as I gave him a gentle smile.

"It's okay, Matt. You don't have to be embarrassed, and if that blush is for another reason, my parents will be gone for a week." I winked at him. This made him blush deeper as he pulled out the notepad and I took a seat at the bar.

"W-what can I get you?" He asked me nervously.

"Black coffee with sugar, French vanilla creamer, and the liquid caramel flavouring pack." I told him. He wrote my order down and looked up at me shyly.

That look drove me wild, my heart fluttering in my chest. Something about that damn look he kept giving me made it hard for me to sit still in my seat. He just looked so shy and innocent. It was like he was clueless about relationships and how to take the compliments I gave him and my flirtatious ways. I always enjoyed helping a beginner, seeing as I was the dominant male in what relationships I did have. It was perfect that he were so shy and pure. It was almost ravishing to me, but I'd wait to say that to him.