Seven

Surfing.

Surfing is today's training for Blue.

"You cannot not surf when you are in Hawaii. First thing the babies learn in Hawaii is not walking, it's surfing," Porter said in all serious tone that make me guffawed. His amused face didn't go unnoticed.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're just trying to spend time with me or just using the excuse of training Blue to spend time with me," I teased, pulling up my surfing board.

"Isn't it the same thing?"

"Maybe," I laughed and ran to the water. Porter was calling out behind me, "Oi! You know how to surf?"

"Nope," I winked at him and pulled Blue up to my board as we swim to the deeper sea, waiting for the wave. Porter caught up behind me and chuckled, "Alright, you got me. My initial plan was to train Blue for you since the perimeter sensor fucked up. But, spending more time with you doesn't seems bad at all."

"Since you are honest," I smiled and ready to take the first wave, "I'll take it,"

I held onto Blue's life vest, and let the wave take us both. Porter was chortling behind us and his obnoxious sound finally get overwhelmed by the sound of waves crashing on us.

When we tried to take on the second wave, Porter and I bumped into each other and fell into the water. He came up to the surface laughing and said, "Gravity seems to be always pulling me towards you,"

That comment earned another laughter that almost got me killed.

Spending days with Porter, seem like a therapy for me. A detox, I feel. Getting rid of my anxiety, my paranoia. And just go for an adventure with Porter, it makes me heart feel full and relax. This is what Porter does to me. Sometimes I feel like my heart will burst whenever I look at him. Even though we see each other everyday, I still feel that every single time.

Porter was lounging on my sun chair, reading a book from Dan Brown, with Blue by his side while I was scanning through the search engine for Roman. I sighed, I didn't know how to ask Porter about Roman. If he have any idea where to look for him. I was just standing by the sliding door, when Porter suddenly called me, "What are you thinking? You have been standing there for the past 10 minutes,"

Blue was wagging his tail when I approached him, "I..."

Porter placed his book away and pulled me to his lap, "Yes?"

"I was wondering if you know how to look for Roman," I cleared my throat, "I have been running facial recognition through different airports, bus terminals for almost a year. If Roman..."

"If he is running from places to places," Porter continued for me, "Your database will binged you. Why did you hacked through FBI to get the weekly report of Carter anyway?"

I looked at him, shocked. Porter explained, "It was that day when Damien dropped by and I kept Blue inside the room. I took a glance at your computers."

I let a relief breath and said, "Roman and I had a plan. In order to reopen Grayson Carter case, we need more than hit list, accidental reports. We need accurate evidence with Grayson written all over it. So I dug out his dealings, his victims histories, every single move he made, I am right behind him,"

Porter looked at the sea and then asked, "What do you need from me?"

"You know how Navy seals procedures and their hiding places," I prompted, "any way you can ask around?"

Porter shook his head, "I haven't been in contact with them for years. I'm not sure but I can try." He then took my face in his warm hands, looking into my eyes, "Have you consider asking Damien for help?"