Eleven

Roman and I are hanging out by the beach. The lights from Porter and my date were still untouched. However the progress on the tiki bar was going well. Uno managed to persuade Porter that he needed one to complete the look of the cove. He is also going to lay out some tables and chairs for parties.

Porter had the full authority over the boys from special forces. Something that got me worried. Which means he is going on frontline when Grayson Carter and his men comes for me. Porter and his guys are in my house, strengthening the security system. It is a mess inside.

"Lots on your mind?" Roman pulled me out from my thoughts, "Worried?"

"Of course I am worried," I sighed, stroking Blue on his head. Blue was stressed about the people walking around in the house, so I took him out to the water, but to my surprise, instead of jumping in, he was sitting beside me, like he was protecting me.

"I heard Damien said that none of you gave the green light of me testifying,"

I looked at Roman, he seems like he had not been sleeping well these few days. His hands were shaking and his eyes were bloodshot. I nodded, "You are not going to testify, Roman. I am not going to let you. You have done your job protecting me. This time I am going to protect you. Do not argue with me. None of the guys win,"

Roman chuckled.

I asked him, "When was the last time you slept?"

Roman shrugged, "I have been trying to adapt to my prosthetic. So there will be pain on my joints,"

I looked at his prosthetics. He has been going for regular therapy. He is walking well, even though he still walks with a limp. I believe once he get used to it, it will be as easy as drinking water. He clenched his fist to hide his shaky hands. So I took his hands into mine, "Don't have to hide from me. You are getting withdrawals again, don't you?"

He nodded faintly.

I sighed, wanting to do something to make him feel better. So I asked, "I made some muffins in Porter's house. Do you want to get some rest at his place and maybe indulge in some muffins?"

<Porter>

We were on our last run of the system when I heard an angry bark from Blue. I ran out of the house with my men behind and heard another bark, this time it was a continuous furious bark from Blue at my house. I ran full speed towards the house and the moment I opened the door, Amelia was standing against the kitchen with the gun I hid in my kitchen drawer.

In front of her was Roman, sweating profusely and standing in front of her. Blue was right in between them, snarling at Roman who doesn't seem like himself.

"How can you be living so well when I am living in hell!" Roman bellowed, "You are not allow to look so happy! You should be the one to die!"

Amelia spotted me and immediately called Blue to stand down. Blue went beside Amelia and I ran right in front of Roman. He had a bite on his forearm. Blue had gotten a bite from him. He was that close to Amelia.

Roman was dripping blood all over the floor and he was still pacing around in a stance, "She should die. She is supposed to die. Die! Die!"

"Foley, help me with him," I told one of my men, "grab the sedative from the counter, Amelia,"

Amelia quickly grabbed the needle for me. I took the cap off using my mouth and injected it on his neck. In few seconds, he fell into Foley's arm, "Get him back to the base. I will give Dr. Reese a call,"

I throw the needle away into the bin and turned to a very frightened Amelia. She stood there, trembling from head to toe. I pulled her against me, "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"