Chapter Six

Vanessa's Point of View

During the rest of the filming of season two of Riverdale, Madelaine stayed at my house with the rest of the guys. We obviously had to tell them about our new relationship status, after we spent a long night talking about our feelings and insecurities. Mads was really scared about what might happen to her career if people find out she likes girls, she believes that her fans won't like her anymore even after I reassured her that they had always shipped Choni more than Travlaine.

Roberto was really impressed with our chemistry on set, especially after our first Choni kiss. Our first kiss on camera. It was quite similar to our first kiss off set. It was soft, tender, hopeful, and a lot of people were watching. Apart from all the snot, but I didn't exactly mind it, it was pretty normal, even more when it came from my secret girlfriend. Skeet, Jordan and Drew were the only ones that knew, or better, the only people we had told. I am pretty sure Lili and Cami suspect something.

Madelaine keeps sleeping in my room, even when we are done with Riverdale and we can just do whatever we feel like for a couple of months. The thing about wrapping up a season is that it never really ends, because now come all the interviews and fan theories.

The fan theories about Choni started before it even was a thing. It all began at the drag race scene. After our kiss, all the fans were already shipping us and begging for more screen time for us but of course Roberto believed the Varchie and Bughead fandom was much bigger so they had to be fed too. So Choni got a few hints here and there of support and sharing each other's clothes. We were counting on the sex scene that Madelaine later talked about on an interview but it ended up being cut off the script which I don't really mind.

What was worrying both me and Mads was the Madnessa ship that started going on. Ever since she moved in with me I am in most of her vlogs and videos in general so the fans are really living for that. Madelaine and I are constantly talking about how we are best friends on interviews just to make sure no one picks on what is really going on. All of our efforts were in vain though, because of an interview Travis had on the radio.

''So we have noticed that you don't really appear on Madelaine's lovely youtube channel anymore, would you like to comment on that?'' The interviewer asked.

''Ah well, after a little fight we had a few months ago we just agreed that it was best for us to break up and she ended up moving out. I don't think I am really her type.'' He replied.

That raised a stupid amount of suspicion and Madelaine was basically forced to write on twitter confirming their break up but that she was fine and that her friends were supporting her. I feel like since she is already a well known regular character in Riverdale and already has a plot line for her people don't focus as much on Choni as they do with me. I try to sound as platonic as possible and also show my support to the community but Jordan and Drew did call me out on my weirdly gay friendly behaviour during interviews.

''What the hell do you mean by that?'' I ask them, raising an eyebrow.

''Where should we start?'' Drew says, laughing.

''Okay so back when Choni wasn't a thing yet you went on this interview where you even played that Riverdale rapid fire game?'' Jordan starts, I nod, remembering the scene. ''Well. It wasn't what you said, it was the way you said it.''

''What did I say?'' I inquire, even more confused. I really can't recall anything out of the ordinary that I could have said. I see Drew on his phone and he shows me the video.

''Any of the characters on the show would be so great, you know, if I had to say who Vanessa wanted to date that'd be... Madelaine because she is my best friend in real life'' My past self says. I widen my eyes, realizing what my friends mean. I wanted to make it sound that I, as Vanessa, want Toni to date Madelaine's character, but it totally sounds like I am saying I want to date Madelaine. Fuck.