Chapter 14: Investigation (part 2)

A/N: This is unedited. It's been so long since my last update so I at least wanted to give you guys something. Thanks for reading!

***

Walang nagsalita samin habang naglalakad kami palabas ng mansion. Nag walk out kasi si Yuki kaya sumunod nalang din kami. Nakakabingi ang katahimikan namin, lahat siguro kami nagulat sa sinabi niya. Alam ko naman na they're not normal people, pero 1 hour?! With a group of only 4 experienced highschool detectives and 3 extra members who literally have no idea what they're doing? No frickin' way.

Napahinto kaming lahat nang bumuntong hininga si Yuki. "First of all, I would like to a-ap... apo- Sh*t, why can't I say it!?" Tumalikod siya samin na sobrang frustrated, na ikinatawa naman nila. Kumunot ang noo ko, saka ko na-realize na 'apologize' pala ang gusto nyang sabihin. Napangiti nalang din ako.

"It's okay, Mr. Oni. We accept your very clear 'apology'." Sakura answered, halos nakayuko na siya sa kakatawa. I reached out to Megumi's mind, again, hindi ko alam kung paano.

'What's an oni?' I asked her.

'It means 'ogre' po in Japanese. He was dubbed the 'Red Oni' when he shot the suspects on their legs to make them tell the truth.' She explained. 'They said kuya Yuki shot each leg thrice so that they would get amputated and even our best doctors couldn't sew them back together because the bones and muscles were too destroyed.' Nangilabot ako sa sinabi niya, I guess the name suits him. Hindi ko nalang siya sinagot.

Yuki cleared his throat. Though mukhang wala na siyang planong mag-sorry samin. "Atama, we will go back to Miyu and I shall assign each of you a different task. We have very little time to solve a fresh murder case, and I want all of you to cooperate." Yuki announced, his voice full of authority. We all nodded at nag-sprint kaming anim papunta sa minivan, while Hiroki just walked like we didn't have a deadline to chase.

Lumapit kaming lahat sa mga computers na naka-assign samin. Tumingin kaming lahat kay Yuki at hinintay ang mga iuutos niya. He didn't look even a bit fazed by the peer pressure we were giving him. In fact, parang lalo pa siyang ginanahan.

"Okay here are the assignments. Sakura study the recording and analyze their voices. I assume it'll lead us to crucial evidence."

"Roger!" Sakura energetically responded.

"Ochiro, sneak into the autopsy room of the police station and scan the body, give me a full report of anything strange you find. Hiromi will come with you." Napaigtad naman ako at takang itinuro ang sarili ko.

"A-Ako?" Tumango siya nang isang beses. "Inspect her clothing, the murder weapon and memorize the information the police have found." I hesitantly nodded. Hindi ko lang ma-picture ang sarili ko na nagte-trespass sa isang lugar, at sa police station pa!

Ogami smiled. "Sir, yes sir!" He replied with a salute saka nag-command kay Miyu na dalhin kami sa station kung saan dinala ang katawan ni Ms. Vicente.

"Hiroki, dig everything about Luzviminda Vicente and Lancelot Cabral. Write me a report after 20 minutes." He pointed at my twin brother, who just lazily bobbed his head without looking at him.

"K."

"Megumi, look into the history of each suspect. See if they have financial struggles, criminal records, or anything that can help us with the case."

"O-Ok po." She responded shyly, but with a look of determination on her face.

"Ogami, look into Gwendolyn Torres and hack into the airport's CCTV to observe her final moments. My intuition tells me there's something fishy about her death."