Compromising

Ivory

Autumn POV:

I love shopping, but today I did not enjoy it at all. But let me start from the beginning.

"So what's your full name?" Madison asked me, we were driving to The Village to do some shopping as she had a problem with my attire. Opinionated much?

I cringed a little at her question, I created a new identity for myself here, going by my seconds name, but I didn't want to lie to her because that wouldn't be right.

"It's Alissa Autumn Matthews, but I go by my second name. And yours?" I decided to continue with the small talk she had initiated.

"It's Madison April Jenner, and in no way associated with the Kardashian family. So why do you go by your second name?" She started going through my CD collection, without my permission.

"I just wanted a change when I went to university, that's all." I stopped at the traffic light and looked over at her. Her curly dark brown hair was pinned back in the front with the aid of braids, her make up was simple quite like my own, but she wore less than I did.

"So where you from? And why did you want a change?" Nosey girl. She continued to search through the belongings in my car, and I became increasingly more annoyed.

"I'm from Cheshire, and you?" I decided to ignore her other question, because frankly we weren't on that level yet. I didn't want to go into my family issues and insecurities.

"I'm from Leeds originally, but we moved to Spain for a few years. So how old are you?"

"I'm eighteen. And you?" This small talk, "get to know one another" conversation was trivial, but it was better than awkward silences.

"I turn eighteen in October. So how come you're still eighteen? Aren't you a second year?" God, these questions were getting on my nerves.

"I graduated high school early." I shrugged and pushed my hair out of my face.

"Oh, you're one of those smart nerdy kids. Your parents must be so proud." She said earnestly, it's like this child was given a module on all my points of annoyance.

"Not really." I found myself answering her question honestly. I'm no sure why I answered it so honestly, but I felt like I could open up to her.

"What you mean, 'not really'? Are they the reason you moved so far away for uni? Are they the reason for the name change?" She definitely asked the right questions, she will be a good journalist one day.

Instead of answering her question I pretended that my favorite song had come on the radio and turned up the volume. Unfortunately, I didn't know the lyrics of the song playing, so I awkwardly bobbed my head to the beat.

The song ended and Madison freaked out when the next song began playing. I swear she screamed a little. She turned the music even louder, so my car became a moving club, and sang along obnoxiously loudly.

I kept my cool, even though I was beyond annoyed. It's like she doesn't care about anyone around her, is she oblivious to the rest of the world?

I casually turned down the volume till it was barely audible, but that didn't stop her. She continued to sing along, she had a good voice but she wants quite in tune the entire time. I said many prayers to make this journey go by faster. Luckily my prayers were answered as there wasn't much traffic.

When we got there I parked my car and we got out. I memorized more or less where I had parked, to make sure We didn't get lost on the way back, as the car park was so big. I lead the way, down the stairs, across nthe useless bridge and down the walkway.