I'm With The Band

Ivory:

Autumn POV:

"Rise and shine, you said you wanted to see and do everything there is. So I'm taking you to the last day of holiday picnic. Get up." I pulled the covers off of Mads and she groaned and turned over.

I took the glass of water from her bedside table and emptied the contents over her head.

"Fuck, I'm up." She groaned, sitting up. She wiped the water off her face and glared at me.

"Finally. Bloody hell, I thought you'd never get that far." I joked.

"Fuck off," She flipped me off. I laughed. "So this is a real thing that students do?" She asked unamused.

"It's more of a second and third year student thing, but it's open for everyone. Picnic is basically just a loose way of describing a music concert on the lawns while everyone eats lunch." I explained.

"Are there any known bands performing, or is it just like music students?" She asked and got up from her bed.

"Well, I may or may not have organized a pretty well known band to perform later."

"Who? Do I like them? Or by band do you mean like a classical arrangement or some shit?" Madison enquired, her eyes wild with curiosity.

"You know the band. Just wait and see."

"Fine. But why did you organize a band?" She asked me from her cupboard.

"A friend of mine is on the student affairs council and they are in charge of fun student-y activities. Last year the music was really rubbish and he asked if I could help him arrange better music. So I called in a favor or two." I explained.

"Oh, it was a guy. Is he hot? Do I know him? If he's your friend of course he's hot, I mean you're friends with Harry and Louis. Did you have a thing with him?" She asked.

"Liam? Oh goodness no. Get dressed. I need to go buy food for the picnic." I changed the topic away from Liam. I have never had a 'thing' with Liam nor would I want to, I just didn't enjoy discussing someone behind their backs.

"But you're not even dressed yet. What are you wearing? Wait, never mind I forgot you only have like nun wear and 40-year old housewife clothing." I rolled my eyes at her comment, and grabbed my predetermined outfit from my dresser.

I showered and got dressed into my white overalls with thin blue vertical stripes and a baby pink Oxford t-shirt. When I returned to the main room Madison was dressed in navy blue wide-ending shorts with white polka dots and a plain white tank top. She was busy putting on her vans when she looked up and nearly fell off the bed.

"You're dressed like a normal teenager. Sort of anyway. Where did you get that? I've never seen that before? I like it. Why the change of heart?" This girl asks way too many questions at once.

"I bought it in Australia over the holidays. I actually wear stuff like this on, odd occasions." I grabbed a pair of wedges and put them on.

"Ah, there's the autumn I know. Always with the damn heels. Crazy girl." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm short, therefore I need them." I defended, Madison rolled her eyes again. I did my make up and made a headband braid across my head.

Once we were both ready we headed down the dreadful stairs and I drove us down to the nearest ASDA's, I usually prefer to shop at Little Waitrose, but I know Madison would have complained about "rich food".

We left the store with three bags of picnic snacks, drinks and other general necessities.

It was around ten thirty when we arrived back at the dorms, and the picnic started in an hour so we sat on my bed and spoke utter nonsense.