Chapter 19 - Clickbait

I press David's doorbell and I hear people yelling inside. Zane opens the door, laughing. 

"Hey Anna, come in" he says putting an arm around my shoulders, as we walk into the living room. I see a middle aged man with a ponytail standing in the middle of the room. I've seen him in David's vlogs before, he has scary animals. 

"Oh hell no" I say turning around. David comes around the corner with his camera. 

"Anna, where are you going?" David laughs.

"I've seen that guy on the vlogs before" I start pointing at the guy. "He has scary animals, so no thanks bitch" I shout and start to walk to the door. 

"Obviously she hasn't signed the contract" Zane jokes to the camera. I walk back and introduce myself to the animal guy his real name is Brian. 

"Okay so David I already prepared myself for this I heard that clear wrap is a great blindfold" I say going into the kitchen and pull out the clear wrap. 

"Anna" he laughs taking the clear wrap off me and handing me the actual blindfold. 

"David I swear to God, as long as it's not a lot of ants then I'm fine" I laugh putting the blindfold on. "Also I just want to let you know that I love reptiles, crocodiles, snakes, lizards, nothing scares me" I say confidently. 

David laughs. "Okay sure sure Anna" he laughs. I put the blindfold on and lay down on the floor. 

"Okay Anna you need to stay very still and try not to startle it" says Brian. I feel something on my stomach and it starts to move, I let out a small scream. 

"David, it's moving. David I swear to God if you put Durte Dom on me and I catch an STD I will fucking lose my shit" I shout at David. The room erupts with laughter. 

"It's not Durte Dom, but take your blindfold off" he laughs. I take off my blindfold and there is a massive spider crawling all over my stomach. 

"DAVID JESUS FUCKING CHRIST GET THIS MOTHERFUCKER OFF ME NOW" I scream, David puts the camera in my face getting my reaction. "David, please, please" I say trying to keep it away from my face. 

"Anna tell everyone how cool I am and how amazing I am" he laughs. 

"DAVID YOU ARE A FUCKING LEGEND AND YOU ARE RICHER THAN ALL OF US COMBINED AND I LOVE YOU! NOW GET THIS FUCKING OFF ME!!!" I yell, at the camera. 

"Okay Brian, can you get it off her" David laughs.  Brian walks over to me and and slowly takes the spider off my sling. When it was off I got up and punched David. 

"David I could kill you right now" I say. 

"Hey remember you love me and I'm a legend" he laughs, putting an arm around my shoulder. 

"That was manipulation" I say poking him in the ribs. We sit down on the couch and start watching  Shameless. 

...

I wake up and rub my eyes, I look around and see that Shameless is still playing. I feel the weight of David on top of me, asleep. His arm is wrapped around my waist and his head is on top of mine and his legs are crossed over mine. I try to wriggle out from underneath him but his grip tightens. I look at my watch and see that it is nearly 3pm. I start to scratch David's hair to slowly wake him up without startling him. He groans.

"David you have to wake up, you're squishing me" I tell him. 

"No just a little longer, I haven't slept in ages" he says. 

"David what did you mean you haven't slept in ages" I ask, confused. 

"Um... I just got a lot of things on my mind" he stutters, he gets up and walks away. That was odd. I get up and follow him into the kitchen.

"David? Why haven't you been sleeping?" I ask him, not willing to let the subject go. 

"It's not a big deal Anna, just forget I said anything" he says, opening the fridge door and getting out a redbull. I walk over to him and take the red bull out of his hand and life his chin up to look at me. 

"David you look like a zombie. What's going on?" I ask again. 

"Anna it's seriously nothing to worry about" he replies. 

"David I'm sorry I haven't been paying much attention to you after hospital and everything but you're scaring me, what's going on?" I say persistently.

"It's not that you haven't noticed it, it happened before you even got here. It's been going on for months" he says looking back down at the ground. "Mid January Liza broke up with me" he says.

"Oh David, why haven't you told anyone? You shouldn't just be bottling this in, it obviously isn't good for you" I say lifting his head up and rubbing the bags under his eyes. 

"We haven't told anyone anything. It wasn't a bad break up it's practically that Liza fell out of love with because she doesn't love herself. She just said that she needs the love before she can spread it, but I still feel like I could've done something to change it" he says, tears welling up in his eyes. 

"David you know you can always talk to me about these things, David if you're not sleeping you should probably go see a doctor. And it can't help sleeping here by yourself all the time" I tell him. 

"That's why I have been staying at the apartment recently" he says as tears roll down his cheeks. "I-I just d-don't know what t-t-to do without her An-n-na" he says, breaking down. I bring him into a hug and rub his back.

"Shhhh it'll be okay, calm down" I start, I can feel my shirt sleeve become damp from his tears. "David, I know this is hard, especially not telling your best friends. But this will get better, you will find someone else who may not be Liza but will make you feel the same as her. You just need to wait for a while and it will hurt because you still love her but if she needs to find love then give her some time, she may come back to you but prepare yourself if she doesn't. And remember I will always be here or at my apartment if you need some advice or if you just want me to listen that's absolutely fine just know that you are not going through this alone" I finish. His whimpers stop and I move out from underneath his head and wipe his tears away with my good hand. His breathing is still hitched but he has calmed down. He looks tired and drained, like if he blinked he would go into a coma. "Hey how about you come back to my apartment, I don't think you should be alone and you don't look like you're up to going to Dom's party at your apartment" I tell him. 

"I really don't want to cause you any problems Anna" says David softly. 

"David you wouldn't be causing me any problems, come on grab some stuff, you'll be in the guest bedroom" I tell him as I rub his arm to try and get him moving. He walks into his room and comes back out with his black backpack. We walk out and hop into my car.

"Thank you Anna, this really means a lot to me" he says with a small smile. I smile back at him and drive off.

OKAY SO HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER AND IN CELEBRATION FOR THE 20TH CHAPTER SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN BETWEEN DAVID AND ANNA. I SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER UP BY TOMORROW BUT IF I DON'T THE NEXT ONE WILL BE UP ON FRIDAY. THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING BACK AND I HOPED YOU ENJOYED THE PART FROM THE VLOG :))))