Chapter 20 - Taking Care of David

I unlock my apartment door and put my stuff down on the counter. I jump when I look up and see Logan standing there. Shit, I completely forgot that he was coming over tonight. I signal him to go into the kitchen and hide. I turn around, David's head is hanging low. I take his arm and lead him into the guest bedroom. He puts his bag down and looks up at you, tears still streaming down his face. I sat down on the bed next to him and rubbed up and down his back to try and calm his breathing. He puts his head on my shoulder and I feel his head become heavy.

"Hey, before you drift off, how about you have a shower? It's been a long day and a shower might help you calm down" I said lifting his head up to look at me. 

"O-o-okay-y" he smatters. 

"Stay here, I'll grab you a towel" I said standing up and going to the small closet in the hallway. I walk back in and see David going through his bags pulling out a toiletry bag and a set of clothes. I grab the toiletry bag and lead David into the main bathroom. I put his towel on the counter along with his toiletry bag. "Alright, take as long as you want" I tell him, walking out and shutting the door. I wait til I hear the door lock and walk into the kitchen. 

"Hey sorry about that" I said to Logan walking up to him as he engulfs me in a hug. 

"Hi beautiful, is David okay?" he says kissing me on the top of the head. 

"Yeah something happened and it has him really upset" I say turning around to look at him. He gives me a confused look. "I can't really say anything to anyone because I am literally the only person who knows" I explain. 

"Okay, I can understand that but just don't put his problems on your shoulders alright?" he replies. 

"It's not really a problem, it's too hard to explain. Anyways, sorry Logie but can we have a raincheck for another time? I really think David just needs to talk it out because he has bottled it all up inside" I ask him. 

"Yeah of course whatever you want. I'll call you tomorrow" he says kissing me. It was a soft but long kiss. He pulled away and looked at me intently. "So I'm guessing you didn't really catch on about what I said this morning?" he grins. 

"Wait you actually meant that? I thought you were just half asleep and didn't realise you said it" I stutter. 

"Mmmm okay" he says and he walks towards the door.

"Logan?" I ask him confused. "So did you mean it?" I yell out behind him. 

"I don't know, I'll see you tomorrow" he says opening the door. He turns around before shutting the door and gives me the biggest grin I've seen yet. "Love you" and the door shuts. Now I am really confused. 

I hear the bathroom door open and I run to the couch and turn on the TV. David put his stuff back in the guest room and came and sat next me on the couch. 

"Okay, what do you want to watch?" I ask him. 

"Anna, is it time that I told the Vlog Squad about me and Liza's break up?" he asks me. 

"David I don't think that you should be asking me about that. You should probably ask Liza first but if it helps, yes I think you should because both of you have people to talk to about it, not just me" I reply. I didn't want to tell him what to do because it was his break up and his friends so I didn't want to intrude that much. 

"Okay I'll call Liza tomorrow and then if she says yes we will sit everyone down and tell them" he says. I can see tears forming in his eyes again. 

"Sounds like a plan. Now what do you want to watch?" I ask again, trying to get his mind off the previous subject. I scroll across Summer Heights High and David asks what that is. "Oh my God, David! How have you need heard of or seen of Summer Heights High?!?" I say excitedly. "Well I guess it is more of an Australian show but still it is so funny!!" I explain.

"Okay let's watch it then" he smiles. I click on the play button and the first episode starts.

...

I wake up and I'm asleep, my head is on David's stomach. Summer Heights High is still on and I hear David laugh. It's good to hear him laugh again. I feel his hands in my hair twirling it around his fingers. I slightly move and I feel David move his hand. I sit up and rest my head on his shoulder. 

"Oh look it's alive" David laughs.

"Hey I'm not that bad! How long have I been out for?" I ask him. 

"About maybe two hours" he yawns.

"Oh my gosh! What time is it?" I ask him, yawning as well. 

"Nearly midnight" he replies, checking his phone. 

"We better go to bed, get some sleep for tomorrow. It's going to be a big emotional day" I tell him, pushing myself off the couch. 

"Yeah you are right" says David turning the TV off and folding up the blanket we were using. I walk into the kitchen and turn all the lights off. I see that David has already gone into his room so I turn the living room lights off as well. I knock softly on his door and open it. He is sitting on the side of the bed with his hands in his hair. I sit down next to him and pull his hands from his hair and push his head up. "Anna thank you so much for caring about me" he says quietly looking back down at the ground. 

"Hey you deserve a lot more than to be upset and down" I say. "Are you going to be able to sleep tonight?" I ask him. 

"Yeah should be, it's nice to be somewhere with someone else who doesn't remind me of her" he says looking back up at me. He moves closer towards me so our noses are about two inches apart. He looks at me in the eye and moves a little closer. What is he doing? He's probably just upset and isn't thinking about his actions. I move in and give him a hug cutting off whatever was about to happen. 

"I'll, ah, see you in the morning" I manage to say. 

"Yeah, sweet dreams Anna" he says awkwardly. 

"Goodnight Dav" I say as I shut the door and walk into my own room. I pull the covers back and lay down in bed. Surely David did not just go to kiss me! Did he??

HEY GUYS SO IT'S OVER MIDNIGHT AND I HAVE TO BE UP AT FIVE IN THE MORNING FOR TRAINING AND I HAVE WORK TOMORROW SO 1: IM GONNA BE GRUMPY AND 2: I PROBABLY WON'T HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER UP TOMORROW. I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL OR NOT BUT I THINK I WILL BE PRETTY TIRED AND JUST GO TO BED BUT WHO KNOWS WITH ME. HAPPY 20TH CHAPTER!!! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE NEARLY MOMENT BETWEEN ANNA AND DAVID. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE VERY INTERESTING AS DAVID AND LIZA WILL BE TELLING THE VLOG SQUAD ABOUT THEIR BREAK UP. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK AS ALWAYS :))))))