Chapter 7

Aiden's POV

I'm still staring at the ceiling like I have been for what seems like forever. Everyday I wake up, drag myself to school (only to listen to music and not pay attention all day), come home and stare at the ceiling. Repeat. All I think about is Addison. Her smile. Her laugh. The gleam in her eyes. 

She's gone. I couldn't save her. I didn't get there in time and I let her go out on her own. Even while she was supposed to stay home. I let her sneek out. Then the text came and when I got there, she was gone. It's all my fault! 

My thoughts are interrupted when there's a knock on my door. My mom peeks her head in my room. "Hon, have you seen the news at all today?" she says witha doubtful look on her face. I shake my head. "Good. Addison's mom is here and we have to talk. Come downstairs."

We've had these stupid talks before. Especially after my attempted suicide. I really don't want to go through this again. I have to though. I have to go through all the 'its not your fault' and 'it's okay to feel like this but not for long's. If anything, for the sake for Addison's mom. She has is worse than me. Same with Emma and Mathew. 

I drag myself downstairs and meet my parents and Mrs. Zands in the livingroom. I take a seat om the recliner in the corner and wait for them to start. Mrs. Zands clears her throat. "Aiden, you haven't seen the news lately and I guess that's a good thing. I wanted to tell you myself." I see her eyes are red and cheeks are puffy. What, does she want me to cry myself to sleep? I just nod. "Aiden, Addison was found alive."

I nod again. Then after a second, it hits me. She's alive. Not dead. And she was found. Meaning, she's coming back!  "Where is she now? Where was she found? Is she okay?!" It's all I can do to not to attack her with more questions and stay seated.

"She's home and just went to bed. Aiden, it's getting late and your mom will tell you everything tomorrow. But just so you know, she has lost memory from the car accident. She doesn't remember much, but she has had some dreams over the past six months that have helped her remember bits and pieces. What I'm trying to say is give her a few days before you come see her. Let some of her memories come back." She stares right into my eyes as she waits for an answer.

"Okay." I sigh and walk back into my room. For the first time in six months, I'll get some real sleep.