Chapter 9

Addison's POV

After I eat lunch,  I take a quick shower and raid my closet for something to wear. I've convinced my mom to invite my friends over today so we can finally see each other! I think I have them memorized and remembered. Brooke is the short brunette, Kieley is the one with red tinted hair, Amber is the one with short blonde hair and Danielle has ombre hair. Taylen is the girl with... Wait, I haven't seen a picture of Taylen yet.

I put on a teal tanktop and some denim shorts and plop on my bed. I close my eyes and try to remember. Taylen... Taylen... I open my eyes and see pictures on my ceiling. They're all of pictures of me and... Taylen!  She has brown hair so dark, you'd think it's black. I nod my head and etch each girl into my memory. I relax when the doorbell rings.

I jump up and race downstairs, but my mom has beaten me to the door. "Ladies," she greets, "come in!" They all enter and greet my mother. I'm still out of sight and my heart is pounding. My nerves are getting to me. Mai- Addison! Pull yourself together! I take a deep breath and enter the front room. My friends all look at me and smile. I smile back. "It's me." is all I can say.

Brooke is the first to approach me. She hugs me and the memories flood into my mind. Mainly ones of me watching her and her sister fight. "I remember." I whisper as she breaks into tears. "I can't believe it." She says. "You're here-- a-and alive." She says between sobs. She nods at the others and Kieley, Amber and Danielle all come to hug me in one big group hug. More memories flood my mind and more tears are shred. 

They all break out of the group hug and look at Taylen. She didn't join. What's wrong? She looks at me and smiles. Then she runs towards me and hugs me. "Wow, Tay. Little excited there?" I ask and laugh. Soon enough, all six of us are laughing. I lead them to the living room and we all sit down.

"Have you seen what they have been saying about you on the news?" Brooke asks.

"No, because I know what actually happened." They all give me a blank stare. "But, it would be kinda interesting if we did watch it..." I grab the remote and flip the TV on to the news channel. 

**And now, an update on the Addison Zands case with reporter Tom Haven In Castle Rock. Tom?**

"Just in time!" Danielle says. We all stare at the screen where the reporter is... outside my house? "Guys, was he there when you came?" I ask.

"Yeah, their van was out front. He tried to interview us but we ignored him." Amber says, not taking her eyes off the screen. I shrug it off and continue watching.

**Not long ago, five teenage girls assumed to be friends with Addison came to the house. We asked to interview them and they denied. But there sure was a happy reunion inside** The reporter nods. **Back to you guys in the studio.**

I flip the TV off and sigh. "Sorry guys." I say. 

"It's fine. It was kinda fun ignoring a reporter." Taylen laughs and the others nod in agreement. "Addison, would you mind telling us what happened?" She shyly asks.

"I was planning on it." I say and start from the beginning. 

Aiden's POV

Okay, she saw her friends. That means she's one step closer to seeing me. I turn the TV off and think about what I'm going to do with my Saturday. I pull out my phone and scroll through my messages to the group chat with all my close friends. 

~Anyone down to hang out today? -Aiden~

~Dude! You're socializing! After what? Three months?! -Jackson~

~Shut up. -Aiden~

~I'm down. -Hunter~

~Yeah, dude! Need to tell us what's up with Addison. -Josh~

~You guys will find out when the trial comes. For now, meet me at 5 Guys. -Aiden~

I lock my phone and grab my car keys. I tell my mom I'm leaving and her face lights up. "Good. Be careful. I love you ." She manages to get out before I close the front door.

***

"I've been wanting these fries forever." I say and dig into my food.

"How have you been?" Jackson askes before downing his drink.

"Miserable until I was told she wasn't found in a ditch. Then after that, pretty damn good." I say and smile.

"Good. No need for anymore of that suicide shit." Hunter looks at me with the most serious face. 

"Agreed." I nod so he's sure I won't do that again. "Josh, what do you think of the history project for our final?"

"Better than a test, thats for sure." He states before getting up to throw his trash away.

I look out the window at the Smart Cow right next door. I think of when I took Addison after we went to the fair for our first date. She felt terrible because I paid for everything that night and I wouldn't even let her pay for her frozen yogurt there. "Aiden," Jackson says, taking my away from my thoughts. "look who just walked in." I look over my shoulder and see a blonde haired Addison with Taylen.

Addison's POV

"And we came here because...?" I say to my friends who insisted they take me to eat.

"One, we used to come here every Saturday. Two, refresh your memory. And three, Jackson texted me saying he is here with Aiden." Taylen says with a smile. My eyes widen and I start to scan the place. I keep looking until I find him. We make eye contact and I look away.

"I don't know if I'm ready for this." I nervously say while looking at the menu.

"So what you're saying is, we begged your mom and snuck past multiple reporters for nothing?" She looks at me with a shocked and dumbfound expression. 

"Fine." I say and place my order. 

Once we get our food, one of Aiden's friends waves us down. "Taylen! Addison! Come sit with us! Hunter and Josh just left so there's room." At the mention of my name, everyone in the place turned to us. Some pull out phones and snap pictures. Others call reporters. People start to crowd and I start to panic. I do what my gut tells me to do. "Aiden!!" I yell.

All of a sudden, there' a pull on my arm and I look to see who it is. I look over and see Aiden's hand on my elbow. I follow him as he pushes through the crowd. Outside, reporters start to gather and he pulls me to his car. I get in and he drives off. He passes me his phone. "Text Jackson and Taylen and tell them I have you and we'll see them later." I nod and send the message.

"Thanks." I look at him and smile. "For everything. I know you've been going through a hard time with me gone and I don't even remember. But-"

"Addison," he cuts me off. "you're right. I did have a tough time. It was miserable knowing you could've been in a ditch somewhere." He pauses and pulls into a parking lot. He turns the car off and faces me. "I attempted to commit suicide about four months ago because I couldn't handle life without you." I feel a tear find it's way onto my cheek. I'm at a loss for words. "But I don't want you to blame yourself. And once I found out you were alive, I felt like it was a dream come true, but I wouldn't believe it until I saw you. Then I saw you in the restaurant and... The feeling is indescribable. And now, I'm here, with you. I can't believe it."

There are tears flooding from my cheeks. He's so sweet and I can't remember!  "Believe it." I say and we both lean in until our lips meet. I'm filled with happiness as a few memories come back. "I've missed you." He says and kisses me again.