Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Lumber's POV

In about exactly 15 minutes, Lou dashed down the stairs. It was quite the site, as I was sitting at the bottom of them. He was trying to zipper his pants, his shirt was half on, and his shoes were only half on his feet. I wonder how he could have gotten that way. Fifteen minutes should give you enough time to get ready..

I started laughing uncontrollably as he tripped over my body, and became sprawled on the floor. When I finally managed to get my laughter under control, I asked him if he was okay.

"Thanks SO much for your concern, Lumber. I greatly appreciate you just chilling at the bottom of the stairs." Louis replied in fake sarcasm. I helped him off the ground, and waited for him to fix himself up.

"C'mon Boo." I said, as I opened the door to outside. He frowned, but stepped out willingly. I followed and shut the door behind me. I imagine the three boys who were quite mad at their wakeup call went back to sleep. Zayn could be anywhere right now.

"Where are we going anyway?" Louis asked, curiosity burning in his voice. I turned my head slightly towards him to find that he was staring directly at him as we began to walk down the street. Lou had a bright smile on his face, and his blue eyes were wide in anticipation.

"Surprise." I said simply, and walked a few steps ahead of Louis. If I wasn't careful he would give me puppy dog eyes, because he knew I always fell for them.

But in truth we weren't heading anywhere special. Just the ice skating rink. I knew that Louis could skate, but I couldn't. But I knew he used to love skating on his free time. And even though it was summer, the rink ran year round.

Okay, okay, I guess I can skate. But I'm no where close to being perfect. I usually fall a few times, because I get nervous. But, whatever, I'm being nice because in the end I will be rewarded. That's right, I'm planning something. Something big.

I sly smile crept onto my lips, as I knew it would be unsuspecting, considering I barely ever listened to Lou. Mostly because I wanted to be stubborn. But, hopefully he wouldn't catch on.

"Please tell me, Lum Bug?" He pleaded, but I still didn't turn around. I knew he could easily walk in front of me, but even he might want the surprise.

"How do you know it's something good?" I asked, joking. I small chuckle escaped my lips as I thought of what his reaction could have been.

"Because, babe, you wouldn't take me some place bad." Louis said, knowingly. And I guess he's right, every time I did take him out it was a good place. But that's only because I was planning something unexpected after.

I'm surprised that he, my best friend, hasn't figured out my pattern yet.

As soon as we arrived at the rink, I glanced behind me. I saw that Lou had seen where we are. His blue eyes sparkled in excitement, and I felt myself a bit lost in his eyes. But I quickly snapped out of it and continued walking. What was wrong with me lately?

"Lumber! You're the absolute best! I love you!" Louis exclaimed, giving me a giant bear hug.

"I figured you haven't been skating for awhile.." I muttered into his chest. Louis was a lot taller then me, so my head was being squished into his chest area. Not that these hugs were any different then others. But most of the time, I had a few seconds to turn my head.

After about ten seconds, of Lou's bear hug he pulled apart because I was to smushed to think of pushing him off. But, as soon as we were apart from the hug, he practically dragged me into the rink.

He led me over to the desk were they let you rent skates. Without saying a word he put the money on the counter. I couldn't believe it, I was taking HIM out! I should be paying!

As soon as Louis said our size skate, we were passed the two hockey skates. He handed me mine, even though he knew I couldn't get mine on, on my own. Well, I just couldn't tie them.

Louis quickly did up his skates, with no trouble at all. And I was pathetically trying to tie mine up, just to earn a bit of a laugh from him. Not everyone could tie skates!

As soon as we were both all set, we headed to the door for the actual rink. It was then when I realized something, we weren't dressed for cold, but whatever.