Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Lumber’s POV

“Okay, Lou, you have to help me.” I said, with a small laugh. I couldn’t really ice skate, well. I could go slowly, very slowly. But, I still might fall. And because of my dimness this morning, we weren’t really dressed for the cold, so falling onto the ice wasn’t a favored option.

“Fine, but only at the beginning.” Louis whined. I grinned, showing all of my teeth.

“If I fall with you next to me, you will get it, Boo.” I threatened, pointing a finger at him. Since we were supposed to be a couple, we both knew we had to at least act like it. I wasn’t even sure if anyone knew who Louis was yet. There are enough girls here, for that.

“Sure, sure.” Lou said, with a wave of his hand. He wrapped one of his hands around my waist, and the other held my arm. It was a firm grip, so I knew he would actually make the attempt to help me.

I pursed my lips together, and focused on staying balanced. I started to move my feet , but they were barely leaving the ice, because of my sacredness. We got a few feet, when Louis stopped moving, making me to nervous to keep going.

“Okay, this isn’t working, Lum Bug.” Lou said, thinking. He stood in front of me, now, and took me hands. I smile was plastered onto his face. He started to pull me, as he skated backwards. I wondered how he did that, I was sure I’d never get there. But, holding hands was never weird for us.

I started noticing some people pointing at us, and a few random giggles let out as we passed girls. Maybe it was because of the way I was skating, but I wasn’t entirely sure. Maybe they did know who we were.

Just then, the front of my skate caught on something, I held my breath as I fell backwards, I pulled Louis with me, but he easily twisted himself so he would fall next to me, and not on top of me. I sighed, as Lou began to stand up. I held his wrist, and struggled to stand up.

“Okay, Lumber, I’m going to go around a few times.” Lou said quickly, still smiling. I smiled back, and just nodded my head. I small chill came upon me, but I shook it off. I just brushed the shredded ice off of the back of my clothes, so maybe I wouldn’t be as cold.

Louis took off, gaining speed as he went. I was jealous of how well he could skate, I just never could that well. And Lou is the only one I’ve ever gone skating with. Only because I knew he liked to, sometimes.

Some girl, skated over to me. She had an obvious fake smile, platinum blonde hair, and way to much makeup. Basically a Barbie doll. “Hey.” She said in an overly cheery, but also nasally voice.

“Can I help you?” I asked the girl, curiously, as I focused my attention on her.

“Could you mine leaving, or something?” The girl asked, still having no idea that she was being rude.

“Um, no? I’m here with my boyfriend, you have a problem, then leave.” I said to the girl, because I figured she knew about Lou. And if so, that meant I had to fake the relationship.

“Oh you mean Louis? Yeah not for long.” The girl replied, laughing softly. I still didn’t think she had any idea how much that hurt for me to hear.

“No thank you. But, I think you need to focus on your own life and not mine.” I said, confidently. I would have skated away already, but I couldn’t skate that well.

“Whatever, you just want the attention.” The girl finished, then skated back to her friends. I felt them all looking at me, as I turned my back to them. They were snickering, but I just let it go. I wasn’t going to tell Louis. What he didn’t know what hurt him, so this will be kept a secret.

I noticed that Lou must have went around the rink, a few times, because he just passed me. I smiled as I saw a small glimpse of his face. His tongue was sticking out a bit, and he was a bit bent over as he went practically full speed.

I fought a laugh that begged to be let go. I swallowed it, but a wide grin was on my face.

“What’s so funny?” Louis asked when he was a few inches in front of me. His face was curious, his lips slightly parted, and his blue eyes sparkling in anticipation. He’s just so gorgeous.

I was shocked at my thoughts. I hoped my face hasn’t changed, but I forcefully pushed the thought away from my mind. I was thinking such odd things, lately. I needed to know why, before I went insane.

“Your face.” I said, with a small laugh at the end.

“Really now?” He said, his voice, low. I even saw his eyes flicker to my lips. It’s just for show.. I kept thinking over and over in my mind. My heart was pounding, as I thought he was going to kiss me. There was barely any sounds of any kids skating anymore. I felt that everyone was watching us.

Louis started to lean in, and my breath hitched. I wasn’t sure what to do. Louis was my best friend. He shouldn’t make me like this. You shouldn’t have feelings for your best friend. Not that I do, anyway. I don’t, I promised myself I wouldn’t.

I expected his lips to be on my lips by now, as my eyes were closed. I had them closed because my eyes went wide, and I probably looked quite funky.

But instead, I felt his lips on the tip of my nose. When he pulled away, my eyes flashed with anger as I looked at him. He had a smug look on his face, as I had just passed a test. Or followed through on one of his secret plans, that no one but him knew about.

“Got you.” Louis said, his eyes sparkling.

A/N: I decided to have Emma Roberts play Lumber. She’s supposed to be on the side, hopefully. If it works! :D

First to comment gets a dedication!

Beanie