Part 7-March 3rd: Why?

"Bye Mr. Blofis," Hazel said from over her shoulder. "Feel better!"

It was the second time that they visited him since they found out that he had broken his hand.

"Really, though," Hazel said, facing Frank. "I hope he feels better. I broke my finger once and thought I was in so much pain, but imagine that with your entire hand!"

Frank smiled as they walked down the stairs. "I understand. It's quite painful. I broke my wrist once. Does not feel good."

"I'm sure."

"Yup. Anyway, Hazel Levesque, would you do me the great pleasure of accompanying me to the Athlete Awards?" Frank asked, his voice shaky.

Hazel stopped walking. "Why?"

"Well, I'm supposed to bring a 'partner' and you're the only person I feel comfortable with. If you don't want to go, you don't have to." He looked slightly offended.

"Oh, no," Hazel replied, blushing and continuing to walk. "I didn't mean it like that. W-when is it?"

"Next Friday."

"Yeah, I can make it. I think," Hazel said, exiting the hospital. "How formal is it?"

"Not very."

"Okay. Thank you. Um, I'll see in school on Monday."

"See you," Frank replied.

Hazel made her way to the entrance of the hospital, where she called a taxi. She hopped in and began to think about the conversation she had just had.

Why did Frank want to take her? Why couldn't he take Piper? He likes her, after all.

Whatever.

He was just her friend, asking her to come to his banquet. No big deal.

But what if he sees her as more than a friend?

Hazel. Stop.

He's your friend, nothing more. Don't blow this out of proportion.

She had reached her apartment building. Paying the driver, she exited the cab and made her way to the building.

Once she had reached her room, Hazel entered her room, put her stuff down, and began to cook dinner.

It was 5:47 PM.

Although Hazel was confused about what Frank thought about her and her feelings for him, she couldn't wait for next Friday.

It was going to be a long week of anticipation.