Sweet Dreams

Percy's POV

Annabeth is passed out on my mother's couch. We'd had a long day and i'm sitting in the recliner, watching her. Sometimes I find myself just staring at her, thinking to myself about how lucky I am to have fallen in love with my best friend. I watch her chest rise and fall evenly, thanking the gods silently that we are both still here. Glancing over at the clock, I see it's almost midnight. My mother and Paul went to bed hours ago.

Knowing Annabeth, she wouldn't sleep without nightmares and I can't sleep on the couch with her. Standing up, I scoop her into my arms easily, cradling her. She stirs and snuggles in closer. I walk back to my childhood bedroom and lay her down on my bed. I slip into some pajama bottoms and climb in next to her. She's awake now and we stare at each other, not saying a word. I lean in closer, touching my forehead to her. After everything we've been through together, sometimes just lying with each other, even if we don't talk, makes it all disappear for a while. No monsters, no nightmares, nothing to pull us apart.  I kiss her, just a short little peck and she sighs. 

"I love you percy. I know I say that all the time but I really do. You're my best friend and I can't even imagine where I'd be if I didn't have you." Annabeth whispers. I feel her breath on my face and I breathe in her sweet scent. 

"I love you too. I would probably be a mess if I didn't have you to rein me in." I whisper back. 

"What do you mean, probably? You ARE a mess." She laughs quietly. Her laugh is such a magical sound and I sure am glad I get to hear it.

We spend the night just snuggled in together and eventually falling asleep. For once, we both slept blissfully and nightmare free.  

Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

XOXOXO,

G