Chapter Ten: The Stroke of Midnight

( play the music for more experience )

The Stroke of  Midnight

»–––› † ‹–––«

Thus without a warning, the fight begins. Johanna cries while she was in controlled by the enemy also known as the puppet master; she raises the scythe and aims at her friends including her uncle dearest. She was frighten and angry, her emotions started to get a little mixed up but there is nothing that she could do, if she tried to move with all her parts... her limbs will be chopped off.

Trouvier and the rest were trying their best to avoid Johanna's attack, Johanna missed a hit on Trouvier but it vaguely hit the wall.

Marionne was not pleased at all. Using his Puppet magic, he made her smashed every furniture and antiques in the castle, including his dolls.

Marionne spoted a woman with a frying pan, Oh no! I'm going to hurt Julianna! , Johanna feet started to move faster towards julianna.

"JULIANNA RUN!" With all her strength to speak she finally warned her, Julianna got her attention, She screamed, ducked and ran towards his brother. The missed hit, hit the marble pillar and it collapsed down including the puppets that hanged in that pillar.

Trouvier needs a diversion to stop marionne by controlling his niece. He examines him closely and what he saw gave him a plan that might just work.

He ran quickly to Valentine where she was spotted near the doors.

"Valentine I have a plan, I want you and the others to distract him while I shoot him with my colored powdered arrows and then..." he explains to her and before that whispers secretly to her very quietly until she agrees. Would this plan worked?

Let's find out.

"Gotcha." she then whistled Hartman and gave him a signal, he nodded and they quickly scattered and ran around him, marionne was confused on what they are doing, in which that pisses him off easily.

"STOP MOVING!!!" He yells in frustration, it was as if they were roaming around like ants, so that he is confused and was distracted.

Trouvier made a quick move towards the stain glass doors, he almost got caught but he was relieved that there were dolls that hide his figure.

He walked quietly outside and slowly he shuts the stain glass door, he saw four balconies that he had to cross over; covered in vines and cracks that has been abandoned for years now. One by one he quickly hop each and every one of it but and didn't even make a sound.

He saw a big hole on the left bottom corner of the door, there he quietly entered, not to make a sound.

Trouvier was at the back of Marionne, away from him in stage and this is his chance to take the shot.

He pull out his arrow and on the tip of it is a wrapped up little bag of a dyed orange color powder. He puts the arrow on his bow, pulls the string back right next to his left cheek and he let go the arrow, sending it flying straight to his target in his head back. But that arrow didn't hit him, Marionne sense the arrow and catches it with one hand, now his left hand didn't control some of Johanna's limbs for that she can now feel her arms, hands and her torso.

Now is her chance to attack him, she lifted the scythe and it was very light when you carry it, like a feather or a stick.

She swings it with all her might and it hits the Marionne right in his masked face sending him flying to the side and hit the stain glass door.