PART 6 - LAST DANCE

The next few days were anything but pleasant with lectures and assignments and horrible headaches, I just wanted to quit everything and rest. But that's what you get for drinking too much, I guess.
Jiyong apparently got the worst hangover from what Youngbae had told me when he filled in for Jiyong to help with my homework.
When a full week passed by, it was Saturday and I had completely forgotten what day it was.
When I finally realized, it was 3PM, and I packed my stuff in a tizzy before rushing to the front door. I ran up and tripped on the Bang Epoque steps before banging my stuff on the door.
"Who is it?"
"Sarah, open up."
Someone opens the door and I suddenly see Jiyong standing there. He wasn't who I was expecting.
I was glad he seemed fine though, his dark circles were gone and his hair wasn't matted anymore.
"Good afternoon."
"Hi. Is Seunghyun here?"
"He went to get groceries with Dae and Seungri..why?"
He went out on walking day?
"Uh..it's our walking day."
"Ohhh.." He looked around and scratched the back of his neck,"Well, since Seunghyun isn't here..can I walk with you today?"
I tried to hide my disappointment as I sighed and nodded,"Sure. I don't really like walking by myself."
He smiled widely before he put on some tennis shoes and walked out the door,"Where to?"
I took him over to Seunghyun and I's little walking trail and started walking immediately.
It was silent for a good ten minutes before I asked what I've been curious and dreaded over for awhile,"Jiyong, what are we?"
He held his breath for a minute before I felt his fingers brush mine,"I want...to be more.."
He intertwined his fingers with mine before he looks into my eyes. He suddenly looks sad,"But that isn't what you want though..right?"
It was strange how he could tell by just a single look. I sigh as look up at the canopy above us,"I.." I look into his sorrow-filled eyes,"I'm sorry.."
He licks his lips and closes his eyes for a few seconds. He squeezes my hand before letting go of it slowly,"It's..okay." He sounded surprisingly calm.
"R..really?"
"Yes," he nods while holding in tears,"because as long as you're happy..that's all that matters to me," he gives me a weak smile to mask all the tears that shined in his eyes.
"But.." I feel tears gather up in my own eyes,"what about you?"
He shrugs and wipes his eyes,"Oh, I'll be fine," we both didn't believe that at all,"it'll pass sometime."
I took in a deep breath when a single fat tear fell from his eye,"Ji," I take his hand in mine,"I'm really sorry."
It was hard to keep in the tears.
"Hey," he lets go of my hands and puts his hands on my shoulders,"I told you, I'll be fine."
I closed my eyes as I felt his warm lips press onto my forehead,"As long as you're happy.."
I stifle a sob as I think about how that would be the last time he'd kiss me.
Why am I so sad? I never had strong feelings for him..
He continued to wrap his arms around me in a soft embrace while placing his chin on top of my head.
Maybe because I care for him..but not the way we both want.
I felt his warm tears fall on top of my head.
I'm sorry, Kwon Jiyong, I really am..

When I got home, I was completely hopeless of energy.
I dragged my feet to my room before I collapsed on my bed and covered my entire body in the blankets.
I sighed as I felt the ghost of Jiyong's study lips on my forehead.
I thought if the way he looked so sad when I admitted my true feelings.
I felt the tears I had never released as I sniffed and continued to think intensely of the memories we had.
I felt a warm tear fall from my eyelashes and down to my cheek and that's when the dam broke.