Chapter 20- Tears

*Emmas pov*

I woke up seeing Grayson next to me. I sat down and grabbed my phone and remembered that there is no WiFi in here.

"Good morning" Grayson says as he pulls me back next to him.

"Good morning" I reply.

We woke everyone up so we could hit the road back to LA. I had a lot of fun in this trip, it helped focus on something other than what happened to me on that birthday party.

But sometimes, running away from your thoughts will only make it harder.

I knew that once we're back, people will start asking questions I'm not ready to answer.

There's a moment between Grayson and I that got the fandom to explode. Grayson punched a guy for me, then we both started crying and he hugged me and all that is probably on YouTube right now.

"Grayson" I called him.
"Yeah?"

"What will we do about.. the videos online and
What if people started asking me questions I'm not ready to answer. Or if people asked me if you and I are dating. What do I say?" I asked him.

I'm not gonna lie all of this is confusing.

"Well, I don't mind people knowing about us. In fact, I do want people to know. Because then, everybody will know that the 'beautiful, amazing, hot, smart Emma Chamberlain' is mine. And about the video of me punching that guy, is an example of what will happen if somebody put there hands on you". He replied.

I immediately feel a weight off of my shoulders.
He simply makes everything better. He makes me better.

Later on, everyone went home as soon as we arrived. But Grayson decided to invite me over to his house before going back to mine.

"Grayson, I wanna say something but I don't wanna scare you away an-" he cuts me off.

"You can never scare me away" he puts his hand around my back and pulls me closer to him.

"So I was thinking, and it's okay if you think it's too early. But like my dad texted me earlier asking about you. And he kinda wants to meet you" I tell him.

"Yeah sure, we could go right now" he says simply.

"Really?" I ask him.
"Yeah" he smiles.

We head outside to his car and go to my house.

As I close the car door behind me, I get nervous. I know my parents will ask me what happened three days ago. I've been trying to avoid this conversation but now is the time.

"Hey babe, it's okay. Don't be nervous" Grayson says and holds my hand.

"I'm not nervous" I reply.

"I don't know if you're telling me or yourself, you're clearly nervous. Look at your hand, every time you get nervous you start to crack your knuckles". He tells me.

"Yeahh, you know me too well" I reply.

I opened the door with my keys and I saw my parents sitting on the couch watching TV. As soon as I open the door, I see them coming up to me and hugging me.

"Honey, we were so worried about you" my mom says and hugs me.

"You shouldn't be, I'm fine mom" I smile at her. My dad also come in and hugs me.

"Okay so mom, dad. This is Grayson Dolan. My ummm... boyfriend" as soon as these words slip out of my tongue. I see my parents looking at me with wide eyes.

I look at my mom and her mouth is wide open.

"Something wrong?" I asked them. Not gonna lie I'm not only cracking my knuckles but soon my legs too.

"OH MY GODD" my mom screams and hugs me tighter.

"My daughter has a boyfriend!" She started to tear up.

"Honey, you are growing up so fast" she started to cry even more.

This is embarrassing

"Mom, you're kind of embarrassing me" I say with my teeth clenched together. I immediately feel my cheeks heating up.

My mom and dad hug Grayson and started to greet him.

We all sat on the table and my dad looks at me and says...

"Emma, I Umm.... so those videos online. Of what happened at the party you went to" he starts to tell me.

This is great

"No pressure here, but I just don't understand what happened" he completes.

"So, I .....I " I say but I can't really form anymore words.

I immediately feel Graysons hand above mine from under the table.

"Me, James, Grayson and Ethan went to Brent's birthday party." I started to talk.

"I wanted to breathe in some air, so I went outside to the swimming pool. And this old guy came up to me. I tried pushing him away from me dad..." tears started falling down my face.

I feel Graysons hand tighten around mine.

" I tried to runaway, or to scream. But, no one could hear me. The music was louder than my voice. Before he could do anything, Grayson pushed him off of me and started punching the guy. This guy was much older than us, he was also drunk. So nothing happened to me. I'm fine" I started to cry.

I don't know why I'm crying but the feeling of what happened started to haunt me back again.

My mom started crying with me and came up to me and hugged me. My dad asked me again if I was fine and I assured to him that I was.

"What happened to your hand?" He asks Grayson.

"It's from the same night. I felt bad because, it's my fault. I shouldn't have left her alone. Out of anger, I punched my hand in the wall. It's stupid but I.... thought I deserve it".

My dad stood up from his chair and went to Grayson, he hugged him and thanked him for saving me.

"Grayson, I can't thank you enough. You're a really good kid, that's why I now trust you about my daughter. But, if you break her pure little heart. I'll break your rib cage with my own hands" he smiles at him and hugs him.

"I'll never do that to Emma" he looks at me and smiles.

"Okay, enough crying. Let me show you Emmas childhood pictures".

Oh no.

———————————————————————-
That is it for this chapter!
Sorry, it's been a while since I updated you guys. I want to also say, Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. It really means a lot.

Follow me on Instagram @_morgansmiths

Vote or comment if you liked this chapter.

Much love,
~M