Chapter 39-old apartment

(This header does not relate to the story whatsoever but it's the last one I screenshoted so yup that's that)

(I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR YOUR SWEET COMMENTS).

*Emma's pov*

It's been a week, a week without seeing my mom, a week without her texts or calls, a week without the women who gave birth to me.

It's not fun, losing someone who truly cares for you or someone who spent every day of your life with you. wether if it's a text or a call or just in real life. I lost a piece of me, a piece I could never bring back.

Ethan has been supportive, James cheers me up everyday, and Grayson he did both and even more.

But today, I have to go back and every memory will come collapsing in my head. I have to go back to my moms apartment, our apartment.

I asked Grayson if I could live with him for a while and his response made me smile. I adore this boy.

Grayson: I got you all the boxes you need.
Anyway, Emma I wanna tell you something.

Me: Go ahead.

Grayson: You're gonna go back and you'll see her stuff everywhere. Are you ready for that?

Me: No, I don't think a time will come where I'll remember her and be alright. But I have to do it. I can't just run away from the thought of her.

Grayson: Yeah, I understand.

He kissed my forehead and turned on Ethan's Jeep and put all the boxes, tapes, and bubble wrap to move in my stuff.

Our friends James and Ethan decided to help us.

We arrived there and my eyes were not pleased. As we went upstairs, every single step made me think of her. How we both struggled to carry the groceries upstairs and how lazy both of us were.

Me: I miss her.

I didn't mean to say that at least not out loud , but I've been denying the thought of her for the past week and I didn't really realize that she's actually gone. Like actually.

Grayson: I know you do.

Grayson hugs me and kisses the top of my head.

I got my keys out and tried to unlock the door.
My hands were too shaky I struggled for about 20 seconds trying to open this damn door.

Grayson put his hands on top of mine.

Grayson: Hey, breathe.

He gently grabs my keys and open the door for me.

Right when this door opened all the memories consumed my brain. Her smell was all over the apartment. I could see her everywhere but sadly, I knew it was just in my mind.

Grayson holds my hand and nods.

We began packing my stuff and maybe my mom's stuff too . I'm not sure if that's a good idea but I'm sure that I can't leave her stuff behind.

Ethan and James arrived, Ethan having more boxes in his hands while James had food.

Grayson stared at the food in James' hands with a 'questioning ' face.