24. Luka

(Xavier's desk)

Xaviers POV:

I walked over to the empty bed and put my suitcase down. Taking off shoes I flopped onto the bed and closed my eyes, listening to every sound in the dorm.

Which was a tad difficult because the rooms were sound proofed. But not entirely.

I heard a sigh and shuffle across the room where the other boy sat in his bed, wringing his hands like they were a wet rag.

This guy really is shy. I don't know how to fix this, as you might be able to tell I'm not very social. Hehehehehehehehe

I looked at him again, and analyzed his side of the room.

So, his favorite color is obviously blue, as that's the color of most of his decor, he may have anxiety issues, based on the fidgeting, he is smart, for there are a few second year books on his bookshelf, and from the mana he's letting leak out, he is not too adept in magic but has a fair amount of mana.

I think I could actually grow to like this kid, in some ways he was like me in the old world.

I sat up on my bed, and stared at him intently. "So," I started nervously. "You like to study." I said in a stating voice, not questioning.

His head snapped up, and a ghost of a smile graced his face. It seems he takes pride in education.

He nodded his head slowly, and I smiled. "You want to study then?" I asked. "W-well, we don't even have a-any homework yet." He states.

"No harm in starting early, right?"

He nods his head again, getting up to gather some books. I quickly and quietly moved my desk next to his on the other side of the room and grabbed pencils and erasers from my school bag.

He turned around and jumped, at nothing.

I didn't even move!

"H-how did you lift that desk?" He said in utter surprise.

"It took me like ten minutes to move mine to the proper spot, and I made the loudest sounds possible!" He exclaimed louder.

Hm. Interesting. His stuttering goes away with strong emotions and/or surprise.

I shrugged my shoulders in response and leaned over the desk. Opening Mr. Illireas homemade book to where I left off, Luka sat down I the chair next to me.

He started quietly tackling second year math. He leaned over the poor book so much that there wasn't an inch of light on the pages. I couldn't even see the writing!

Talk about 'smothering your work'.

Two hours later I was done with my book, and bringing out the reading one. He was almost done with his too, on the last page.

Hm. I actually like this kid. H is quiet, attentive, yet relaxing and calm. Perfect for a study buddy.

He got done ten minutes later, clearly proud of himself. "Hey," He said obviously more comfortable around me.

"Can we check each other's work? I'm no master but I think I may be able to help if you had issues."

That one kind of ticked me off. I finished before him, why would I have issues! Despite this I still agreed.

"I didn't have any trouble, but I'm always up for correction. Here." I said while handing him the book.

He took mine while I took his, quickly scanning over the cover. "Um," he said shakily. "X-Xavier...." he continued. I set his book down. I probably did horrible.

"I-I can't help you with this." He said still a bit shocked. "Why?" I asked with curiosity. He was just doing second year math like me, what's the difference?

"T-This is not the m-math I'm doing."

"But, my tutor told me I was doing second year courses in everything. From math, to science, to literacy, to even music!"

"Yeah," Luka said. "He lied."

I paused. I didn't think I'd get lied to by him. Never.

"THIS IS SCHOLAR UNIVERSITY LEVEL WORK!" He screamed, obviously comfortable with me now.

And it's like a lightbulb went off in my head. "NO WONDER THE PROBLEMS GOT SO MUCH MORE DIVERSE IN THE SECOND MONTH!" I yelled.

Da*n you Mr. Illirea! You sick BAS*ARD! He made me actually think all those years! I could have been doing more important stuff!

I banged my head on the desk, making a loud thump. Suddenly, the lock on the door jiggled and it flew open. "IS EVERY ONE OKAY!" The house chief yelled into our room.

Gosh, it was just a yell. We couldn't have been that loud. "Fine." We both said at the same time.

"Good. Next time DONT SCREAM unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary!" He said irritated. I can tell this guy isn't going to like me. He closed the door with one last suspicious look, sending our tensed bodies into relaxation.

"Well, I'm off to bed." I said in a monotone voice, already past the college work.

"O-okay," He said while readying his supplies for his nighttime routine. Well, I think. I dug through my bag, searching for soap and such to take a shower and get ready for bed.

I finally gathered all my supplies and headed out the door to the boys bathrooms. It was actually pretty crowded at this time. Good thing I'm not shy.

I started the shower and waited for it to warm while I did other nightly routines. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, washed my face, and that's pretty much it.

Yes, yes, I know washing your face is kind of a girly thing to do. But I had acne in my past life and I'm not taking any chances.

I tested the water, which was still cold. It should have been done by now. *Ugh* I sighed. I looked through the walls searching for a water heater, and found nothing.

Don't tell me, they don't take warm showers! This is the best school in the country and they don't even have a water heater!

This school must have seriously been overrated. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some stuck up person. In fact, there are only a few things I can't live without.

Warm showers, just happen to be one of them.

Guess I'll just have to use magic. No one will notice the steam, hopefully. While gradually heating the water on a subconscious level, I took off my my clothes and stepped in.

I sighed in relaxation as the warmth touched my skin, instantly softening my shoulders.

I think I just found my soulmate. Magically warmed showers.