Chapter 8:Business As Usual

Ciel's POV

I woke up to sunlight but I didn't see Sebastian anywhere. "Sebastian?" I called out.
No answer. I got up and got dressed myself. he already had my clothes laid out so I just put them on and fixed my hair and brushed my teeth then put on my eyepatch and rings.
I walked out my room and looked for Sebastian. "Sebastian! come here now!" I called out walking down the stairs.
I looks for one of the servants and found Mey-Rin "Mey-Rin where is Sebastian?" I asked her.
"He's in the kitchen young master! yes he is!" she said then got back to work. in the kitchen? okay then.
As I walked to the kitchen I wondered why he laid out clothes then left to the kitchen he always wakes me first. I walked into the kitchen to him cooking with Bard-Roy. I stood there for a moment thinking to scare him or just say something. Just then I stepped forward and slipped on the floor.
"Help Sebastian!" I yelled without thinking. He turned around flung 3 knives right above my head. I laughed a little seeing his reflexes.
"Young master why did you call that out?!" he said red eyes glowing slightly aware of Bard beside him.
"I slipped on the floor." I said getting up and brushing myself off.
"Young master the kitchen is no place for you." he said calmly walking over to me and getting the knives out of the door.
"I wouldn't have to come in here if you came when I called Sebastian," I said.
"My apologies my, lord there was a mix up with breakfast," he started to fix my bow properly. I let him fix it because it was coming undone. I looked up when he was finished.
"I'll eat in my study I have work to do before we leave for my aunt's manor," I said and walked away. I was still sad about Elizabeth as I sat down in my chair and looked at a report in the newspaper I saw something, it was the report of the carriage accident. "there is no news about the people inside but we are sure they were alright. sir Randal reported."
I heard a knock on my door and a soft voice, "come in." I said and someone opened the door and saw Paula come in.
"Mr.Phantomhive? I wanted to know when we leaving sir." I looked at her ready to go.
"After breakfast Paula." I said calmly and gestured for her to sit and handed her the paper. "It talks about the crash but says that they don't know you're condition or name."
"Oh thank you Ciel for everything you've done for me."
"The pleasure is mine Paula I actually am coming with you today because well I have a overdue game to play with my aunt and I might play that match today." I said looking at Paula with playful eye.
"Oh the chess match, she might love that." Paula said.
"Young master I've brought your breakfast," Sebastian said knocking.
"Come in!" I said and he walked in with a tray with a plate on it held at chest level. Too high for me to see sitting down.

~short time lapse~

Once at my aunt's mansion I was greeted by a servant and asked to see Francis and Paula was with me she nodded and let me inside knowing who I was. My aunt walked down the stairs and had a worried look on her face.
"Hello aunt Francis, how are you today?
"Hello Ciel, I'm fine but do you know where Elizabeth is?" she asked looking at Paula mad.
"Yes. I'm afraid I do know where she is and its not Paula's fault either. Shall we go sit down? I explained looking her in the eye.
She nodded and led us to the living room.
"Did you read about that carriage accident in the newspaper?" I asked.
"Yes it's terrible it town when there is traffic."
"Well...Elizabeth was the one in the crash and Paula too." I said hesitantly.
"What!? where's Elizabeth?" she started to pace and I stood up.
"I'm sorry aunt Francis but she's dead. Dr.Smith confirmed it." I forced myself not to cry and she just looked at me glaring. "I will take my leave now." I said bowing and walked to the door and got in the carriage.
I went to undertaker next seeming how I needed a coffin fit for Elizabeth. "Undertaker. are you in?" He came out of his coffin like usual.
"Young Earl, hehehe, what brings you here? Will you finally let me make your coffin?" he said as he laughed and walked up to me.
"I need a coffin for Elizabeth Midford she was in the accident and didn't make it." I said looking down.
"Elizabeth? the one your betrothed to? or was I guess. I have plenty of coffins in the back or I can make one.
"I want one made, pink lining and blue coffin. one fit for the marchioness of Midford....The funeral is tomorrow please do it," I said looking up as he ate a biscuit.
"Hehehehe young earl pay the price. it's a good laugh for you." he said watching as Sebastian pet the cat in the shop.
"Sebastian, tell a joke," I said and he got up.
"Young master, I have a joke but I do believe you should step outside." He said putting a hand on my shoulder.
"No I'm staying here. tell the joke. that's an order!" I didn't want to go outside. whenever we come here he always ends up making undertaker laugh but I want to know the joke he tells.
Sebastian bowed and started telling the joke. he said,
"a dirty limerick there once was a woman from cube, who filled her vagina with glue, she said with a grin if they paid to get in, they'll pay to get out of it too." I stood there shocked as undertaker laughed. Sebastian told a dirty joke. Then I thought about it. Didn't I tell him that joke? That didn't matter I needed to get back to the mansion to do some paperwork.
"Sebastian we are leaving now, farewell Undertaker." I said and walked back to the carriage. when we got in the carriage I stared put the window thinking about the funeral tomorrow. I know I should be devastated and I am sad about her dying but she could be rather annoying even for my cousin.
When we got to the manor I went to my study and did the paperwork. after dinner I decided to retire for the night. Sebastian came into my room and got me in my nightgown. "Sebastian?"
"Yes, my lord?" he looked at me curious.
"I know I told you that joke. why did you want me to leave?"
"Young master the joke I told was not the one I was going to tell I told that one because I knew it was one that he would laugh at." he explained and walked out of the room. I fell asleep almost instantly and I didn't care if I did either because tomorrow I will have to face her body.

Authors note: sorry it took so long to finish and if it seems short I've been busy. If you don't know already that was Sebastian's joke that he told Undertaker.