Chapter 5

{Chapter 5}
<><><>
"What is taking so long?!" mom said standing up from the couch and speed walking out of the room. We stopped her the first two times from going to the nurses station and racking havic. Nobody stopped her this time.

Zach and I shared hidden laughter in our looks and dad just sighed.

Dad was sat on the couch and Zach was in the chair next to my bed. Two pillows and his feet propped up.

The doctor was supposed to be here at noon and it was two. We were supposed to be getting the results of the bone tests they apparently took from me.

In the mean time Zach went and got his Xbox and hooked it up to the TV. We got through a movie and he played some GTA.

My head was drugged up just enough that I wasn't hurting but I wasn't loopy either. We kept the lights off and the TV volume down.

Yeah I had a concussion along with this other bullshit.

My mom had also put some yoga shorts on so I wasn't Just in a gown and undies.

Thank god.

A couple minutes later mom came strutting in, a man in a white coat followed.

Wow.

"Hi I'm Dr. Martin." The guy held his hand out to me and I shook it with a half smile on my face. This dude cut me open two days ago and then took my foot off. Don't know if I like him yet. "I was the main surgeon on you surgery the day before yesterday." He said retrieving his hand. He was an older guy salt and pepper hair. A pair of wire glasses adorned his face. He was around his fifthies if I had to guess.

"How did everything go? Recovery time?" I looked over at my mom who was now on the couch with my dad. she was sitting on the edge of the couch.

"Well we did an X-Ray before we went in and were shocked at the damage from just landing on it wrong. Any time we saw someone with that many broken bones or tiny bone pieces they weren't alive." He said nonchalantly as he grabbed a manila folder that seemed to pop out of no where. He handed it to me.

"Just open that and hold it to the light." I did as he said lifting the black plastic sheet up to the dim lights. My head felt slightly better.

"Holy shit." I muttered. I could feel my mom give me a look from her spot but there were no other words.

It was shattered.

To a million pieces.

It looked a mac truck ran over it and then a hippo stampeded on it backwards. Wow I have a lot of drugs in me right now.

"There was no saving it. Everything was severed and the bones would never heal together right." The doctor explained. Well that's a no brainer there I didn't have a foot at the moment. My brother took the sheet from me and he cursed before putting it back. "We took a tiny piece of bone and sent if for rush analysis." I knew it was bad. It had to be bad. How could it be worse than this?

He rubbed his hand on my bed and sat down on the edge.

It was bad.

I have watched enough Lifetime to know it was bad.

"We just got the results back and I am so sorry to inform you but you have a type of bone cancer."

Bone Cancer.

A smile curled up my lips as I started laughing. My body doubled over as laughs just came out. at one point I felt myself snort as I leaned back in the bed. A tear tolled down my face I calmed down after what seemed like an hour. My stomach was sore as I caught my breath. The drugs must be good because even through that my head didn't pound against my skull.