Chapter 8

{Chapter 8}
<><><>
"Hey." I was surprised to see JT at the door again.

Another late night after visiting hours.

More surprisingly is he is here again. Figured I traumatized the dude two days ago.

I mean come on! I told the dude I only had one foot and then balled my eyes out onto him. It was also confirmed I did bugger him but I didn't tell him that.

"Hey JT." I smiled as he came into the room and stood at the foot of the bed.

Something about this past two days changed.

Rasta even said I had a bit of a pep in me. Although I still refused to walk like she was begging me to. I have been showering though so that something right? I had them wheel out the shower chair. I will not use those crutches. They were just asking for a mental breakdown.

"We have a mission for tonight." He told me resting his hands on the end frame at the foot of the bed. He leaned his weight against it, I could see the muscles flex in his arms.

I didn't like the sound of a mission.

"And what is that?" I asked rubbing the top of the Stumpy's head nervously. He was laid in my lap.

I was in a pair of yoga shorts and a white light grey heather print sweatshirt. Today after my shower I did two French braids again.

JT had on a pair of black joggers and a blue basketball t-shirt. Somehow he pulled off the jogger look. His forearms were still flexed, I swear I could see every muscle and vein-

"You are going to crutch your way to the café to eat some icecream and I am coming with you." He just smiled at me as my smile dropped.

"Not happening." I dead panned leaning back in the bed crossing my arms.

"Well that sucks because Rasta is kicking me out if we aren't out in the hall within the next five minutes." He dead panned back shrugging his shoulders. he dropped his hands from the bed frame and crossed his arms over his chest.

Where did this tude come from?

"Well sucks for you. Might as well leave now. I am not using those." I told him glaring at the grey metal crutches propped against the wall next to the door.

"Tell me why." He leaned against the wall behind him pressing his foot agaisn the wall behind him. He raised an eyebrow at me as if asking to challenge him.

I was taken aback. I figured he would just shrug his shoulders and leave. I wasn't exactly being nice and it was on purpose. I wasn't using those death traps.

"Because I can't walk. You know hard it will be to use those." It was a half assed excuse.

"You know they are made for people that can't use one of there legs or feet right?"  asked sarcastically  raising his eyebrows. Despite the fact I wanted to laugh I just glared over at him.

He didn't miss a dam beat.

"Alright perfect. Lets go. Rasta said they have Ben and Jerry's right?" he asked not even waiting for a respone from me. He pushed away from the wall and walked over to the door. He bent down and grabbed my one sneaker. He then grabbed both  crutches from againsthe wall and brought them over to the bed. He tossed the Nike onto the floor and propped the crutches against my bed.

I just watched silently with my arms crossed over my chest and a glare set on him.

"Where are your socks?" he asked looking around the room.