Chapter 6

{Chapter 6}
<><><>
"Okay we will be monitoring you very closely today for your first treatment. Remember the possible side effects and here is a sheet with the ones you should notify us of right away." Nurse Macie told me patting my shoulder as she picked up her clipboard. "See you in a couple minutes." She gave me a huge smile and turned on her heels before leaving the room.

Wtf?

The Chemo set up went in a blur as she stabbed me and got the shit ready to pump it into me.

My mom watched her like a hawk as she stabbed into my arm and started the pump.

I watched my brother drop in on the battleground and yell at his friend to get down with him. He almost turned it off when the treatment was about to start but the glare I shot him had him put the headset back on and yell at Alex to not log off.

Him and I both needed the distraction.

I felt like I had a whole roll of white tape around the needle keeping it in place.

I couldn't believe what was happening right now.

I was getting a treatment for bone cancer right now.

And a peppy ginger told me she'll be back to check on me?

How can you smile like that?

It was about two hours in half way done and that peppy ginger was getting on my nerves. How are you doing honey?

You know just FUCKING DYING.

I wanted to throat punch her.

Zach had just put down the remote to Battlegrounds. I even got to play around with Alex. We didn't last long.

The room was pretty silent. Mom was reading and dad had his earbuds in no doubt listening to Joe Rogan.

Zach was on his phone too probably texting his bi- I mean wonderful girlfriend.

We all relaxed and calmed down when we were told that any major side effects would have hit by now and I should be in the clear.

I had a lot of time to think and it was kind of driving me crazy.

"I want a wish." I didn't even know where it came from. But I was spitting out the words before I could think about it.

"What?" Mom asked taking her eyes away from my stiff arm.

"I want a wish." I said with more confidence this time. "If I have to go through this shit I better be able to swim with a  damn dolpin." I said frustratingly. I glanced down at my taped forearm and had the urge to rip out the IV "I want a wish." I demanded looking over at Zach.

"Lets get you a wish then." He said smiling. He bent over the arm of the couch and seemd to dig into something I couldn't see. He pulled his laptop out got out of the lazy boy type chair afte they figured that people would always be sitting in a chair they switched the terrible wooden one out with a comfy recliner. He set his computer on the wheeled table and pulled it over to the side so I could see the screen. He also moved the chair flush against my bed so we could both see and he could reach the keys.

He Googled the Make-A-Wish website and we waited a minute for the sucky WIFI to kick in.

"Here we go." Zach mumbled as Make-A-Wish popped up. He clicked on the blue and the page laoded a bit faster.

"Alright. Menu. Refer." Zach mumbled as I watched him click throught eh website.

"Awe it says you basically have to almost be dying. Wait no you can be progressively getting close to death and we all basically are so check." I just rolled my eyes as he read over the eligibility. "Okay refer form." He clicked on another link and a whole sheet popped up.