break in

_________

Seoul NewspaperMay 24th, 2018Breaking News_______________

Seoul Newspaper
May 24th, 2018
Breaking News
_______________

Jisoo grabs the newest bundle of newspaper off of the front porch. School has been canceled for the week until further notice and she is still in her pajamas.

She doesn't fully understand the whole Jennie Kim ordeal, but is coping. Too afraid to leave the house, she worries every morning as her mom leaves for work.

Despite the announcement for everyone to stay home, her mother has an important project going on at her job and can't afford the down time.

She tosses the newspaper in her closet on top of the one from yesterday.

She likes mysteries and solving things. As she takes a shower, she imagines ways Jennie may have gotten out of jail.

She scrubs her hair, thinking how terrified Jennie must feel right now. Deep down, Jisoo believes all criminals have feelings, and people can change throughout a life sentence.

Jisoo wraps herself in a towel and walks downstairs, searching for a brush.

The sun is setting and Jisoo's silky black hair is glimmering. She feels best during golden hour.

Click!

The garage door unlocks, and she hears her mother's footsteps.

Jisoo thinks about the wonderful foods her mother must have bought at the store. She's really feeling fried rice tonight.

"Huh!" A female voice gasps from behind Jisoo, coming from the kitchen.

"Everything okay mom?"

But when she turns around, her mother isn't staring back.