[twenty eight]

"I've never seen these two um.... what's the word?" Steph asked Regina as they watched Stefan and Mitch laughing at videos of fat cats.

"Get along?" Regina guessed. "Yes those are the words. It's just weird seeing them not fight" Steph said as Regina nodded her head in agreement.

"You know what this usually means?" Regina asks Steph who turned her head at her "Stefan is interested in Mitch" Steph gasped.

"Oh no he isn't gonna steal my man!" Steph walks in and squishes herself between the two. Lucky for her the both of them didn't notice her and continued to watch their videos.

Regina looked down at her phone and noticed a text message from Ariana.

From: Ari

SNS

Regina quickly grabbed Steph by her hand and dragged her into her car.

"What the hell Regina?!? We were getting to the good parts of the video" Steph told Regina who was already starting the car.

"SNS"

Those three letters immediately shut up Steph. SNS stands for sister needs sister, this was their way of saying that there's an emergency.

They quickly made their way to Ariana who was sitting under a tree at the park.

"Hey are you okay?" Regina was the first one to ask as they took their seats next to her. Ariana silently nodded and looked at the view in front of her.

"Everything is going wrong" Ariana said in a hurtful tone. Regina and Steph could both hear the pain in her voice.

"Don't worry Ari we came up with a plan for y-"

"That's not what I meant Steph. Everything is happening so fast that not even myself could catch up to it. My mind is caught up to this exact moment while my heart is stuck in the past" Ariana said with tears beginning to form in her eyes. "I still remember high school like it was yesterday. With you, Mitch and Auston. The four of us hanging out everyday, being crazy like regular teenagers. We don't even realize how fast time is going by. We were 15 back then, look at us now. We're all 25 years old right now, we're all living our lives. Unfortunately a part of me still feels like a 15 year old, that part my heart. I'm trying my best to move on, I really am. It just seems impossible to me at this point."

"What are you saying Ari?" Steph and Regina looked into her eyes waiting for her to answer.

"My heart will forever belong to Auston Matthews and there's nothing I could do about it" Ari's emotions start to get the best of her at this point. "And he's proposing tomorrow."

"Wait he's doing it tomorrow?! Ho-"

"I heard it from Jackson" Ariana interrupted while wiping her eyes. Now I just ask for you guys to please give me some space for these couple of days. I have some business to take care of"

"Business?? What kind of business are you exactly taking care of?" Regina asked making sure her best friend doesn't end up doing something dangerous.

"I have to tell the kids about Auston before it's too late and...."

"And what?" This time is was Steph's turn to ask the questions.

"I have to tell Auston, it's the right thing to do. I mean he is the father" Regina and Steph exchange looks to each other. They had no choice but to agree with her.

"Ari if you need help just remember we're always here" Regina informed Ari.

"Sisters forever am I right?" Steph said making Ariana smile for the first time in a while.

"Now that's the smile we've missed"

_____________

Just a couple more chapters until this book is finished :(