Chapter 19

Nahla's POV

I got dressed in some skinny jeans, dark colored. Nude flats. Pink tank top. Nude cardigan.

I looked in the mirror once more, fixing my hair I had straightened and putting on my glasses. I grabbed my wallet that sat on Craig's dresser and put it on my wrist and grabbed my phone off the charger.

I did a quick jog downstairs to see Craig sitting on the couch.. I also so Que and Jake. Chres and Jacob were in the kitchen eating as usual, and Ray was gone. Chris wasn't there, he told us earlier he had some things to do.

"Ready!" I smiled and looked around the livingroom at the guys. "What?"

"Nahley!" I heard the tiny voice of a two and a half year old and smiled, dropping to the floor to give Emma a hug, "you look pretty."

"Not as pretty as you, baby girl." I kissed her forehead.

"Your hair different." she giggled and combed through the ends, "I like."

I stood up and picked her up with me, "your daddy tell you where we're going? Help me out."

"My lips are sealed." she said, acting like her lips were zipped and threw away a key.

"Ugh." I chuckled and looked at Craig who was now standing next to us.

"Still not gonna tell me" I gave him a kiss on the lips, "where we're going?"

"No." he smiled, "you look beautiful."

"Thanks." I smiled, "You don't look too bad yourself." I giggled.

"Ya'll look like the perfect family. It makes me sick." Chres chuckled.

I smiled at Craig and then rolled my eyes, "you ready to go?"

"Daddy I hungry." Emma said as we left the house. I put her down and opened the door to the back seat and put her in her car seat.

"Imma feed you baby, don't worry." he chuckled.

"There," I said, snapping her buckle, "all buckled up. Hands in the car?"

"Yes!" she smiled.

I smiled right back at her and closed the door and got in the front seat and closed the door, "you wanna tell me now?" I questioned.

"No." he looked at me, smiled a little, then took my hand and intertwined our fingers. "You do look gorgeous." I smiled a little then looked at my shoes. "You don't believe me.."

"I do." I smiled, "I believe you, thank you."

"You should." he said before letting go of my hand and putting the car in drive. He took my hand again and smiled at me, "you really should."

Craig had taken us to eat at this sandwich place in town about 20 minutes from his house. We sat there, talking about any and everything in general. And listening to Emma talk about things her grandpa had taught her.

After we finished eating, there was a park Craig took us too. It had a trail you could walk on and a brand new area of swings and slides and those things that squirt water during the hot days of the summer.

They had tennis courts and basketball courts and exercise machines set up throughout the trail. And shaded areas you could sit down and eat at.

Craig stood in front of Emma and I stood behind her on the swing. I'd push her foreward and Craig would push her back to me, which went on for a while. Craig took pictures of us as we played on the slide.