Chapter 14

Craig's POV

It was around 3 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I was thinking too much, but it wasn't a bad thing in all actuality. I was thinking about Nahla and I: A future.

I was thinking about marrying her.

I was looking at rings from Kay's Jewelry. I could have easily had it shipped to the local one in town and pick it up in two days, but I was just looking, for now at least. I wasn't looking to spend all my money on it, but for her I would have. As 3:30 rolled around I realized I couldn't go about this by myself, that I needed a woman's point of view.

"Mmmm.." I ran my hands over my face and checked the time on my phone, "3:45," I groaned and hid my laptop back under my bed and looked back at Nahla. I smiled at her, touching her side before taking off my glasses and turning off the lamp that sat on my nightstand.

She twitched a little and then laid on my chest and taking in a deep breath. "Craig, you're never sleep." she sleepily chuckled. Had she been up the whole time?

"How long you been up?" I asked, rubbing my hand up and down her back. She was pretty covered for the most part, she tried at least.

"You touched me and I automatically woke up." she took another deep breath, "you?"

"Just a little. Go back to sleep, you got work in the morning."

"You too." she said, giving me a smile before she drifted off to sleep. Beautifully.

____

Next morning, I woke up at my normal time, 7:30, and usually, by this time, Nahla would already be up, ready, and cooking or already eating. But she wasn't. She was standing in front of the mirror, looking at herself and dabbing her nose with tissue.

"Nahla." I said, grasping her attention. She gave me a faint smile before coughing. "You alright?" I asked, getting out the bed. "You don't sound too good."

"I'm fine." she sniffled and then looked back at me, "really, I am. Just a little cold. I'm about to take some medicine and go ahead and shower and everything."

"No you're not." I shook my head and guided her back to the bed and sat her down. "You're staying home."

Nahla's POV

"You're staying home" he said, and I smiled at him saying "home". He thought of this house as home for me, which was something I really liked. It meant he was thinking deeper than just dating, or I would have liked to think.

I smiled, "I guess I'm staying home."

"Alright, just, stay in bed, ya know. I'll get you some chicken noodle soup when I get off work. Drink lots of water, alright?"

"Alright Dr. Craig." I chuckled and crawled back into bed.

For a guy who danced for hours a day, Craig took a while to get dressed and showered and all that morning routine stuff. About a hour and a half. It only took my about 35 minutes from getting in the shower to eating something on the way to work.

I had dosed off a little, taking a little nap. When I woke up, I checked my phone when I heard noise downstairs. It was 9:15.

I fixed my messy, curly bun on the top of my head and pulled down my yoga shorts so they wouldn't show too much of my thunder thighs. I fixed my shirt so my boobs wouldn't look larger than they were and walked downstairs, seeing all the guys sitting in front of the tv.

"Hey," I smiled, and cough immediately after. "Y'all still here?"

"I was just leaving." Chres explained. He was dressed in his normal constructor work clothes, hard hat in hand along with some gloves and glasses you'd wear to mow the lawn. "Hope you feel better." he waved before closing the front door after him.

Craig was dressed in a pair of those ChaChi pants, I think that's what they were called. He wore a t-shirt, like always, and a pair of black Nike Roshes I'd never seen before. "You're up." he said, walking over to me and touching my head, "how you feeling?" he asked.

"I feel groggy, ya know. I think I'll be fine by tomorrow. Go ahead and go to work, I'll ca-"

"Already called in for you, your boss said you had plenty of sick days to use, and that he hopes you feel better."

"Wow." I smiled, "aren't you just perfect?" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. He chuckled.

"Very far from it. I'm about to head out. Drink lots of water, sleep a lot, and I got you when I get home, alright?"

I smiled and then groaned playfully, "Yes, Dr. Craig."

"Alright." he chuckled and then leaned in to kiss me, which I denied.

"I havn't brushed my teeth yet, Craig."

"Well, I don't care."

"I do." I smiled, kissing his cheeks and pushing him towards the door. "Goodbye, have a nice day, I love you." I said, rather quickly before closing the door and giving him a chance to say I Love You back.

"Ya'll are kinda super adorable and it kinda makes me sick to my stomach." Ray said, which made me frown a little.

"Really?"

"No." he chuckled, "ya'll are cute or whatever, kinda perfect actually."

"You really think we're perfect?" I smiled, looking down at my feet.

"He needed someone like you." Jacob finally spoke, "ya'll needed each other." He stood up. "But we gotta go. See you this afternoon." Ray said before closing the door and leaving me by myself.

____

I didn't do a lot of things while Craig and the guys were gone. I did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen and upstairs bathroom. I made myself lunch, and then cuddled up on the couch in the living room and got caught up on the many episodes of Say Yes To The Dress I had neglected. Which was about 8.

I was drinking some lemon hot tea when this woman was about to say yes to this dress that totally was not made for her body type, but, she was happy, and that's all that really matters.

I heard the front door being unlocked and just watched to see which of the boys it was.

It was Craig.

"Nahlaaa!" He yelled, as if I wasn't downstairs looking directly at him.

"Hey sweetie." I smiled.

"Goodness, Nahla," he chuckled and put his bag down, "you scared me."

"I'm sorry." I giggled slightly, "how was work?"

"Fun." he smiled and walked over to me, "I got the voice-mail you left me but I got you some chicken noodle soup anyway."

"Thank you sweetie." I smiled. He walked over to me and sat on the couch and laid on top of me, which I didn't mind. "You showered." I said, sniffing him.

"Yeah," he chuckled, then directed his eyes towards the TV, "What you watching?"

"Say Yes To The Dress." I said, re-positioning myself so I was laying on my back and Craig was laying on my stomach.

He nodded his head and then got up and pulled me off the couch, "Craig what the wo-" I began saying, but he kissed me before I could finish.

"I love you."

I smiled, "I love you, too."

"I'm serious." he said, staring deep into my eyes.

"I'd like to hope so." I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"And you know I'm not too happy about not getting my kisis morning." he joked, which made me laugh. I got on my tippy toes and kissed him. One of those types of kisses that you love. Cause it felt like both you and the other person were the only ones in the world that mattered for those few seconds. He pulled away and cracked a smile, "maybe that was worth the wait." he chuckled and then kissed me again.