Chapter 6

Christmas morning.

I really don't think there was any other way to put it than the simple fact that I was really starting to love Craig. I mean, we had been dating for 5 months, and it seemed as though we were already unable to be apart from each other for more than a couple days.

I stood in front of the mirror in Craig's room, putting in my earrings after putting my hair in a tight sockbun on my head. I wore a teal colored dress that cinched around my waist and flowed away from my body slightly, but you could see the thickness in my thighs through the dress. I had on a gold necklace that dropped to the top of my stomach and a bracelet that slightly gripped my wrist, and to top it all off, I had on some gold/tan/cream pumps.

I took a deep breath before I heard the tiny voice of a adorable 2 year old.

"Nahley you ready?" she asked.

I smiled towards her, grabbing my phone off the charger and putting it into my purse. "yeah sweetie, I'm ready."

"Come on thennnn.." she said, grabbing my hand and carefully dragged me out the door and down the stairs.

"Wait a minute, Emma, slow down." I chuckled before getting to the bottom of the staircase and seeing Craig standing there smiling. "Hey there." I smiled towards him.

As I stepped onto the floor of the living room, he swiftly pulled me to him and planted a sweet kiss on my lips while holding onto my waist "You look amazing." he said after pulling away.

"You too." I said, pecking his lips once more. "Ready?"

"I am!" Emma said, jumping up and down. "Daddy how I look?" she said, twirling around.

I giggled, picking her up. "Perfect." he said, kissing her cheek. "What do you say to Nahla for helping you get dressed?"

"Thanks Nahla." she grinned.

"You welcome sweetie." I said as we walked out the door.

I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be with meeting Craig's family. I thought I'd be sweating and slurring my words, but I wasn't. I simply held Craig's hand from the drive there, til standing at the door before going in.

"you nervous?" Craig asked.

"Just a tad." I giggled as he knocked on the door.

He pecked my lips softly. "Don't be." he smiled right before the door opened.

There stood a lightskin woman that seemed about 5'6. She had her hair cut short with long bangs. Her eyes were the first thing I noticed. They were such a light brown, so pretty. Then her lips and cheekbones, I knew almost automatically that this had to be Craig's mother. She was gorgeous.

"NANA!" Emma shouted and ran, giving her a hug around her legs.

"Hey sweetie, your cousins' in there, go ahead." she said, smiling towards her. You saw Emma disappear into a room in the back. His mom looked back at us, greeting Craig with a hug and letting us in. My grip on Craig's hand seemed to tighten. "You must be Nahla." she said, giving me a warming hug. Her doing that made be feel 10x better. "Goodness babygirl, you tense." she giggled. Awe, she was so cute.

"I'm sorry." I giggled.

"you're okay." she said, giving me another smiled. "Craig's told me a lot about you, sweetheart."

"Really?" I said, almost shocked.

"Oh yes." she told me as we found a seat in the kitchen at the island. "You wouldn't believe."

"Mommmm.." Craig whined, making me chuckled.

"my name's Wanda.. Just call me Mama Wanda." she said smiling. She seemed to be happy a lot, I loved happy people.