Chapter 5

"Not the boyfriend, not the lumberjack, so you must be the sister Winchester," Ash remarked dryly as she glared at the girl who had just run right into her.

Her blond hair had black streaks in it, it seemed unfitting for the blushing blustering girl in front of her.

"Yeah. I'm Aimée. Um, what's your name?" she asked tentatively, nervously brushing her hair out of her face. The poor girl, she was intimidated.

Ash smirked and remarked, "Well, since you're so straightforward compared to the one brother of yours I did meet, I guess I can tell you. I'm Ash."

She nodded and said, "Nice to meet you. So...you're working the murder case here, too?" she asked tentatively.

"Wow, nothing gets past you," Ash replied sarcastically before turning to leave without answering her question.

She barely noticed Aimée sighing in disappointment because she hadn't answered her question but also because Aimée was trying to determine how old this girl hunter was and had no clue.

When night fell, Ash returned to the museum to break into the display case containing the hook that had once belonged to the husband of the supposedly drowned wife that haunted the docks. Since the docks were in such close proximity to the museum, and the sea was where the wife had died, it made sense.

Ash smashed the butt of her sawed-off shotgun through the glass display case containing the hook and then dropped her backpack to the floor to dig out the salf, gasoline, and an industrial-grade firestarter. The hook was metal, the fire needed to be hot enough to completely destroy it so just plain matches wouldn't do. Oh, and she dug out a demon-trap salt circle rug so the ghost couldn't get her while she was trying to kill it a second time.

Before she had a chance to lay the rug out and step inside the circle, though, she was suddenly sent flying through the air and then smashed face first into the wall. Ash smashed her forehead on the decorative moulding, a crack shuddering through her whole body before crumpling to the floor in an unconscious heap.